Wed, Sep 18, 11:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Nostalgia Filter

willdial ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2017 at 7:36 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 10:57 AM

Voluptuous Vicki Biker.jpg

Everything you see except for the wall, floor, and her belly button piercing is no longer available. DAZ recently removed Victoria 2 from their marketplace. Wrymmaster's Voluptuous Vicki, the jacket, hair, boots, shorts, sunglasses, and bike haven't been available for quite some time.

Ah, back in the day of Victoria 2, vendors created massive amount of skimpy clothes for her to wear and a plethora of pinup poses. Whereas the male character, Michael, was lucky if he got a t-shirt. But, that’s nothing like what we have today. Wink Wink.

For the image, Vicky didn't want to sit well on the bike. I forgot how difficult she could be to pose. After converting her to weight maps and applying a subdivision, she behaved. Some of the clothing morphs didn't line up to well, but the morph brush took care of them.

With some Superfly materials, the old girl still got it. I never thought about how the once popular figures would no longer be available. I guess Victoria 2 is now exclusive for those who still have her.

Thanks for letting reminisce.

geep ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2017 at 7:55 PM · edited Thu, 02 February 2017 at 7:57 PM

WOW !!! ... Well done ... Thanks for the mammary(s)! ... :o)

That's beautiful ... the girl's nice, also ... :o)

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 2:05 AM

geep posted at 8:03AM Fri, 03 February 2017 - #4296466

WOW !!! ... Well done ... Thanks for the mammary(s)! ... :o)

That's beautiful ... the girl's nice, also ... :o)

😁

@willdial - How do you convert V2 to Weightmapping? I'd love me a WM V2 but no idea how to do it. Also, is SubD available in PoserPro201, which is what I use?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 8:18 AM

PoserPro201? if you mean 2014, yes SubD is available.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 11:01 AM

Nah, sorry. Poser Pro 2012. Can't type, loaded up with meds, not feeling too good.

My Store

My Gallery

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 12:00 PM

That is fantastic looking. I still think these older figures and items have value. Especially as background characters and items in a scene. In this case you've made a better point and proven the value in a foreground character! Really lovely work!

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 3:02 PM

Kazam561 posted at 9:02PM Fri, 03 February 2017 - #4296495

That is fantastic looking. I still think these older figures and items have value. Especially as background characters and items in a scene. In this case you've made a better point and proven the value in a foreground character! Really lovely work!

Yeah, with the emphasis on foreground. You don't often see airbags on a bike.

My Store

My Gallery

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 3:08 PM

Safety first :)

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 4:54 PM

Ok, I had to bring out my favorite V2 character and render her in Superfly (with EZskin3 applied). Still usable, I think so!

Arizona.png

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 6:56 PM

Very nice!

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2017 at 10:23 PM

Which V2 character is that Boni?

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2017 at 2:42 AM

And here is a V2 from me, also EZSkin and SubD:

Rococo.jpg

The Char is Diana by Illusionsdesigns

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2017 at 8:19 AM · edited Sat, 04 February 2017 at 8:21 AM

Oh, sorry. The character is Arizona ... along with the costume and hair. All from the same character set. Ulli, that is really nice .... I didn't even consider doing a SubD, but it didn't seem to need it in my render.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2017 at 11:02 AM

Boni posted at 12:00PM Sat, 04 February 2017 - #4296553

Oh, sorry. The character is Arizona ... along with the costume and hair. All from the same character set. Ulli, that is really nice .... I didn't even consider doing a SubD, but it didn't seem to need it in my render.

OK, I don't have that set, and it seems they only have the hair (and a texture pack for it) in the store any more.

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2017 at 11:06 AM

Jules53757 posted at 12:05PM Sat, 04 February 2017 - #4296540

And here is a V2 from me, also EZSkin and SubD:

The Char is Diana by Illusionsdesigns

Very nice Ulli. I only have V3 and V4 characters from the ID store.

Butterfly Dezignz

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2017 at 12:22 PM

Anyhow...

Tips on converting V2 to Weightmaps? Pretty please with sugar on.

My Store

My Gallery

willdial ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2017 at 6:32 PM

In Poser Pro, under the Figure menu is "Merge All Zones to Weight Maps". I don't know if that option is available on the regular version of Poser.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2017 at 8:51 PM

Not in PoserPro2012, unfortunately. :(

My Store

My Gallery

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2017 at 9:02 PM

For older versions of Poser Pro, Phil Cooke wrote a Python script to convert standard rigging to weightmapped...

http://www.philc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17943

The resulting rig won't bend much better, but one can then improve it with the weightmapping tools..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2017 at 10:59 PM · edited Sat, 04 February 2017 at 11:01 PM

With the right setting, V2 can certainly outshine the current models.

V2_Egyptian_2.jpg

EZSkin3, SubD, weightmapped and rendered in Superfly.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2017 at 6:29 AM

hborre posted at 12:29PM Sun, 05 February 2017 - #4296623

With the right setting, V2 can certainly outshine the current models.

V2_Egyptian_2.jpg

EZSkin3, SubD, weightmapped and rendered in Superfly.

Yer forgot to hide the eyebrows, buddy.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2017 at 6:29 AM

WandW posted at 12:29PM Sun, 05 February 2017 - #4296621

For older versions of Poser Pro, Phil Cooke wrote a Python script to convert standard rigging to weightmapped...

http://www.philc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17943

The resulting rig won't bend much better, but one can then improve it with the weightmapping tools..

Thank you!

My Store

My Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2017 at 11:29 AM

OOPS!!!!

raven ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2017 at 8:56 AM

I dunno, I think it makes the expression look all the more priceless! :)

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2017 at 10:50 AM

I think you're right. It can go either way.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2017 at 1:27 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Digital assets don't age.

Here is the P2 Lo-Rez figure. Left side - no changes Right side - subdivision 3.

LoRez Poser 2 Female-sm.png

Helos ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2017 at 7:03 AM · edited Tue, 07 February 2017 at 7:04 AM

Hi all, what a nice challange. I used for my pic the not longer available items:

V2, Sassy Hair, Arizona Pendant, Arizona Top, V2 Bikini Bottom, Ankle Boot 2, V2 Morphing Trenchcoat and 911 GT2.

I named it: Classic Meets Extravaganza.

V2 - Classic meets Extravaganza.png

Henning

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2017 at 7:53 AM

Hi all, what a nice challange.

Henning

And a splendid creation for it!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.