Tue, Oct 22, 12:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 16 10:04 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Point at function severe bugs and not working as it should.

cr2012 ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2017 at 11:41 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:27 PM

Dear readers, I hope among you there is someone who is smart enough to come with a solution and fix to a problem I have not been able to solve yet

The point at function is not working correctly. I have a default Andy with one added camera Dolly Camera 1 the head of Andy is pointed at the Dolly Camera 1 but instead of Andy looking up he looks down which is the opposite of what he should be doing the same problem is in Daz Studio

I have windows 8 64 bits and I am using the poser pro 11 64 bits below is an attachment of the problem

Pointatnotworkingcorrectly.jpg

Many years ago in older versions of poser the point at function was working correctly I do not understand what is causing the problem now

Thank you in advance for anyone who can solve this problem for me and can help me to get the point at function to work properly the same problem is with null objects it just does not work as it should

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2017 at 11:56 PM

Point At will align the actor's origin (green) and end point (red) to the origin of the "point at" actor. If you want Andy to look at the camera you will have to adjust the end point of the head by dragging the red end point forwards. Hope that helps. point-at.jpg

cr2012 ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 12:12 AM

Dear PhilC thank you so much for your quick reply.

I aligned the green and the red making the center point and end point the same but the problem now is when I move the camera the point at function seems to do nothing there is no head movement when I move the camera any ideas?

Menu.jpg

cr2012 ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 12:25 AM

Dear PhilC thank you very much for your help I think I figured out what you mean Andy is now moving his head up and down according to the position of the camera.

Strange that none of the tutorials out there mention anything about having to adjust the joints the tutorials you find on the internet they talk like the point at feature works without problems from the start which is not the case in my Poser Pro 11.

Working2.jpg

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 12:26 AM

Not quite sure why you would want to make the origin and end point the same when I wrote "you will have to adjust the end point of the head by dragging the red end point forwards".point-at-2.jpg

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 12:48 AM

OK there you go :)

cr2012 ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 2:37 AM

PhilC posted at 8:36AM Thu, 09 February 2017 - #4296983

OK there you go :)

Yes point at even works in daz studio now with the joint editor modification thank you for making me aware of the joint editor technique :)

consumer573 ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2017 at 3:45 AM

Cool. I learned something, too. My books just say the top of the head will point to the camera. I never realized there was a solution!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.