Wed, Sep 18, 2:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Searching for thread/tutorial for dress with layers

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2017 at 7:52 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:27 PM

Was a while ago but I remember reading a thread/tutorial on how to sim a dress with two or three layers. Can't find it now and do not see in manual. They have removed the old VWD sticky in the forum. And we know the search option is no option. Can someone repost or supply a link?

Thanks...

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2017 at 12:09 PM

This video tuturial could be the first one I do. Could you tell me the multilayers dress you want to simulate. If I have it, I can make this tutorial with it. If I don't have it, I can find a dress that looks like it, to make the tutorial.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2017 at 1:54 PM · edited Sat, 25 February 2017 at 2:01 PM

Thanks, VWD! Actually its the cape and hood from Novarien V4. I simulated the cape but when I simulated the hood it blends or attaches to the cape. What parameters should adjust to get separation?

I think I've seen a youtube video of a two layer dress you had done earlier.

Thanks again!

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2017 at 4:21 AM

NolosQuinn posted at 11:18AM Sun, 26 February 2017 - #4298306

Thanks, VWD! Actually its the cape and hood from Novarien V4. I simulated the cape but when I simulated the hood it blends or attaches to the cape. What parameters should adjust to get separation?

I think I've seen a youtube video of a two layer dress you had done earlier.

Thanks again!

The hood and the cape are parts of the same clothe. I would use "use vertices extension" but no "use vertices neighborough" to let the hood move independently of the cape but stay linked.

Or are you talking about the 2 "layers" of polygons for the cape?

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2017 at 3:51 PM

Done. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2017 at 1:36 AM

Glad it helped!

3DFineries ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2017 at 7:19 AM

Thought there was one around, but I don't remember where I saw one or if I'm just hallucinating lol.

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.