Mon, Sep 16, 10:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Identication of morph vertices

Allstereo ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2017 at 8:28 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

Hello all,

I would like to fix errors on existing morphs but how we can identify the vertices associated with a specific morph when complex morphs affected the same region. There is a script that can highlight the vertices associated with a morph.

Allstereo

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2017 at 9:10 PM

Seems like a great suggestion. Could some of our high end gurus come in with a view on this?

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2017 at 10:49 AM · edited Sun, 26 February 2017 at 10:50 AM

Unless they've introduced unexpected new features to Poser Python, the only way to highlight vertices would be to create box props around the vertex centers. I have a few old scripts that do that, but nothing already written that just identifies vertices with deltas for a specific morph.

I've begun tacking something together out of pieces of my other scripts. My Python is a bit rusty -- I've barely touched Poser for almost a year -- so this may take a day or two. But if you can wait that long, I should have something that can address this problem.

I'm not sure how we're supposed to post Python scripts to the Renderosity forums nowadays, however. Between Rosity blocking most attachments in forum posts and also blocking external links for freebies and such, I have no idea how I'm supposed to share anything. How does it work, nowadays, Boni?

(Note that Cage is not here claiming to be any sort of whaddayacall High End Guru. Way too rusty with Poser, for that....)

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2017 at 11:28 AM

Okay. I've got a script up and running. Didn't take as long as I thought.

If anyone will let me know how to post it to the forum, it's ready to share.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Allstereo ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2017 at 2:05 PM

Hello Cage,

Happy to hear from you. Thank you for taking time to look at this request and provide the script. I was thinking to write one if nobody have already worked on that. Some time ago, I wrote a small script to identify visually vertex by placing a small ball on the selected vertex. (See my freestuff for the script). About the distribution of the script, I use the freestuff section to share my scripts. You can always ask persons to contact you via the Renderosity site mail and send the script at their personal E-mail address.

Allstereo

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2017 at 5:27 PM

Aha! Your efforts would probably be of better quality than mine! I tend to slap things together from components of scripts I wrote years ago. It sounds like you settled on the same basic solution I did, but with a more complex marker geometry. Cage is a cheapskate, even when it comes to the number of vertices in his Python geometries.

Sending an e-mail off in in your direction.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2017 at 7:00 AM

If you have a file locker account with us you can share, otherwise I suggest dropbox.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2017 at 10:48 AM

Thanks, Boni. It's good to know how things work around here now.

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2017 at 2:42 PM

I set up some Google Drive folders to share stuff. The price is right; all you need is a Google account...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.