Thu, Sep 19, 9:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Problem with Daz Studio version 4.9.3+ ????

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2017 at 5:56 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 5:37 AM

Hello,

A buyer tells me he has a problem with the Daz Studio 4.9.3+ version. This problem appeared after the installation of this new version. Someone has the same issue with this version??

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2017 at 9:51 PM
Online Now!

I was going to test for you but new system and I don't have your plugin set up as of yet!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Smaker1 ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2017 at 4:54 AM

I currently use the DS4 Version 4.9.3.166 general release and VWD without any problem

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2017 at 11:49 AM
Online Now!

Got it installed, works fine. :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Writers_Block ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2017 at 11:57 AM

I have not issues.

chenson312 ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2017 at 1:14 PM

Yes, in 4.9.3.166

Bridge to VWD crashed and will terminate Please close VWD as it's not connected anymore Error is ReferenceError: Can't find variable: VWDPluginSupportLib

PhilipHowe ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2017 at 2:00 PM

Yes, that is the same message I've been getting with 4.9.3 Sometimes, the program will continue after it says to terminate it, and it will not do a Dynamic simulation, but it starts a Static sim and will run it to a point, but it will not connect back to Daz Studio with Send pose to Host, since the connection was lost. Part of the problem here is in the way its set up, what files go where. This happened with the plugin, too, when I finally deleted everything and reinstalled everything, forcing the daz link to search again for the program. However, I've done this several times now using DS 4.9.3 and it still gives the above error. Sometimes it will lock the program so that I can't close it at all, except thru Task Manager. I'll attach a few screen shots of the errors I get now. For those who are not seeing this, are you doing a full simulation or just looking to see if it opens? I can see it opens fine, but it won't run the sims now. The reason I have to run 4.9.3 is that the new pascal video cards won't run IRAY in earlier versions of DS. screenshots of VWD termination.jpg

philemot ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2017 at 6:18 AM

chenson312 posted at 1:13PM Thu, 11 May 2017 - #4304852

Yes, in 4.9.3.166

Bridge to VWD crashed and will terminate Please close VWD as it's not connected anymore Error is ReferenceError: Can't find variable: VWDPluginSupportLib

There is an issue with the way the support lib plugin is installed. Could you please go to the "help" menu, "about plugins" option. Near the end of the list, you should find a line with VWD support lib. Clicking on the line should give you something like:

Filename : C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/VWDSupport.dll Name : VWD Bridge support plugin Author : Philemo Version : 1.4.0.114

Could you post what you have?

philemot ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2017 at 6:20 AM

Smaker1 posted at 1:19PM Thu, 11 May 2017 - #4304817

I currently use the DS4 Version 4.9.3.166 general release and VWD without any problem

Same for me, except for the annoying import setting window. I've fixed that part and will post a new version of the bridge.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2017 at 8:03 AM

Great !!! this pop up window is really annoying

philemot posted at 3:02PM Thu, 11 May 2017 - #4304974

Smaker1 posted at 1:19PM Thu, 11 May 2017 - #4304817

Same for me, except for the annoying import setting window. I've fixed that part and will post a new version of the bridge.

PhilipHowe ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2017 at 5:03 PM

Hi. Are you saying there should be a VWD plugin showing up in Daz Studio under the plugins information? I have nothing there, no VWD support lib or anything showing any connection to VWD. About 2 years ago I started running Daz Studio (DS) of my D drive, not my C drive, as this was an SSD drive and was quickly filling up. I have too many items now to run it off the C drive, and I know it can cause potential script problems if the program is not coded for any drive but C, especially for physics-based plugins. I will try to reset the program or the Daz Plugin so that it shows up within the installed plugins window. I did install it into the proper folders and tried various other folders, just in case, but am still getting the same errors. Also, when it was working before, I never got the window that tries to make the .obj copy of the cloth mesh. It just did it automatically. Not sure why its showing up now. Thanks.

PhilipHowe ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2017 at 5:08 PM

The VWDSupport.dll file is installed correctly in my Daz 3d/DazStudio4/plugins folder, by the way. Its at the bottom, but it does not show up in the actual program plugins list when I go to Help, about installed plugins. I believe this is what you are referring to. How to get it to show up there is beyond me.

PhilipHowe ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2017 at 5:44 PM

I think I figured out the problem. I had installed the plugin into the Daz Studio folder containing my program file, under Daz 3D/Daz studio 4/ plugins. Where it should go, is the Daz Studio program on my C Drive under the x86 program files. Now, why this is beyond me when I installed the 64 bit version only, but this is where my other plugins are, as well. So I duped it into that folder and its working fine now. Next, I am going to try moving that file into the base programs folder and see what happens, with a backup, just in case. You might want to let people know that the x86 folder is where the program looks for the plugin, or Daz Studio looks for it. Not sure. Thanks,.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2017 at 3:17 PM

A person who made many beautiful simulations with VWD has some stress effects by using the latest VWD version and the latest Daz Studio version (4.9.3.++++). Someone has the same issue?

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2017 at 7:37 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 7:37PM Thu, 25 May 2017 - #4306017

A person who made many beautiful simulations with VWD has some stress effects by using the latest VWD version and the latest Daz Studio version (4.9.3.++++). Someone has the same issue?

I am gonna try what Phillip suggest above and see what happens--thanks so much for your help in the matter :-)

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2017 at 7:38 PM

PhilipHowe posted at 7:38PM Thu, 25 May 2017 - #4305036

I think I figured out the problem. I had installed the plugin into the Daz Studio folder containing my program file, under Daz 3D/Daz studio 4/ plugins. Where it should go, is the Daz Studio program on my C Drive under the x86 program files. Now, why this is beyond me when I installed the 64 bit version only, but this is where my other plugins are, as well. So I duped it into that folder and its working fine now. Next, I am going to try moving that file into the base programs folder and see what happens, with a backup, just in case. You might want to let people know that the x86 folder is where the program looks for the plugin, or Daz Studio looks for it. Not sure. Thanks,.

Something to try--for now the hair and dress jumps around even with the defaults--so I am gonna try a few things to see if I can tame it...

PhilipHowe ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2017 at 9:45 AM

I've been able to do a few long animations now using VWD with some nice effects. There is a method to this plugin for animations (Daz Studio), which I will try to explain here in brief. First, I can not get any hair to work, but it does work as Cloth. 1. Do the full figure animation first. VWD will follow this. 2. Set fps to 120, this way VWD takes off slow along with the animation. Anything faster, like 30 or 60 frames per second, and if you have part of the cloth, or hair, that is not well attached (by choosing vertices that are not in a complete area, like a collar on a tunic, the top of the hairline, etc., then VWD has a tendency to suddenly ditch the cloth or hair and you start over. 3. Allow 40-50 frames at the start for nothing but the T pose, no animation. This can be done by setting the animation further in the time line (grab it using Keymate and move it to the right) that gives you more time for VWD to settle. It seems to jump up first, then settle down via gravity, as does Dynamic cloth. 4.Make sure whatever object you want to use (cloth of hair) is set first to Base resolution, 0, or it won't work. You can also drop the mesh count if you know what you are doing, but I haven't had to so far. 5.When I use Wind or Air Resistance, I usually have trouble. When I turn these off, it runs quite well. I usually have just Inertia, Gravity (set to.9 or less) and Inflate, all checked, nothing else. 6. Use follow Animation, not Make new Animation. 7. Stay in Scene Viewer when doing the Dynamic Animation. You can stop and check it, but I suggest leaving it run. When you stop it, you can tweak the Gravity settings. I had a cloth going up and down, up and down, at will, kind of fun to watch. A small tweak in the Gravity setting will make a big difference. I don't use Fast move because it seems to run through too quickly to make adjustments. 8. Once its done, send the animation back to the host program (DS) and save it. I forgot one other thing, important - I've had the best luck choosing a larger area of vertices, rather than try to fine tune and do a precise section to grab hold, or lock onto the Collison item (the figure). For example, on hair, I usually choose a large area on top, down to around the forehead. Or, for cloth, like a tunic or dress. I might choose the belt area and the shoulders, the complete shoulder area, not just around the top of the neck. This gives more for the sim to calculate for and attach to the figure. It still looks very good when rendered. In fact, I am not buying old items of clothing and hair that I never would have used before, as they work better, in some cases, than the newer items, like G3 hair, which has a much higher vertex count. Hope this helps. I can send samples or just write to me if you have specific questions. I do a lot of higher end animations and this is working well, but it takes time, trial and error, to get it right.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2017 at 12:17 PM

@PhilipHowe : Thank you for this long message in the forum.

I will reply you by order :

1. yes, it is always interesting to record the character animation before to make the simulations.
    1. Change the FPS is a very good idea. I never tried it. I will make some tests.
    1. You can start the real simulation after some frames, but you can also use the shift key to let the cloth (or the hair) fall on the character.
    1. Yes, you are right, it is often necessary to set the cloth or the hair in base resolution. All depends on the mesh of the dynamic element in base resolution.
    1. The wind is not perfect but it works. Could you tell me the issue you have with the air resistance or the wind. Inertia must be checked in animation. Be careful with a high gravity. A gravity set to 1 corresponds to the gravity on earth (at 30 fps). When I wrote the program, I setted the gravity to 10 (9.81 m/s2), but some users found this value complicated. They asked me to set the default gravity to 1. The inflate only works if some vertices have been selected for this function.
    1. Yes, you are right.
    1. For the gravity, remember the default value is 1. 2 corresponds to two times the earth gravity. -1 corresponds to the reverse earth gravity. Good flying :-)
    1. You are right, it is useful to select some parts of the cloth to make a "Nail to collision". sometimes, if you select vertices near the belt, the top of the cloth seems loose. You can correct this by applying a small scale value on the top of the cloth. This will tend the tissue on this part. For G3 hair, look at the tutorial "Chandra hair" in YouTube. This tutorial shows how to animate new long hair.

I hope my explanations will also help a bit.

Gérald

PhilipHowe ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2017 at 2:41 PM

HI Gerald, I meant to say thanks for the quick help and that for those who have not tried this program who want to simulate regular (non-dynamic) clothing (conforming) and for the first time actual hair in Daz Studio, it is definitely worth getting and working with. You will need to play with it some and experiment a lot, but its worth it in seeing how your figure moves with the material flowing, as I did with capes, dresses, tunics and other usually stubborn cloth that would normally fold over itself or in odd bent shapes. Hair is no harder to do than cloth, and I will try it again soon with the hair setting. Once you get the steps down, which aren't hard, it just takes some step-by-step practice, then its quick and easy but does take a bit of time to do the tests. Making the cloth bounce up and down was something I have been wanting to do and see for some time and it is really interesting to watch. As digital illustrators, or animators, to control this effect is akin to pulling a loose cloth in the air, with the bonus of adding light the way you want it, changing the camera angle any way you like, and adding any background behind it. The illusion of something moving with the physics of flexing material is fascinating. Like Dynamic cloth, VWD is very real once you get the hang of it, and you are not limited to the few dynamic clothing choices. I love the fact that you can also texture it using great texture sets found here and on the Daz site, with beautiful rich iray shaders that add to the illusion of real cloth moving in 3d space. Overall its very cool and an exciting move in the right direction for users wanting the next step in realism. Thanks for providing this gem!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2017 at 3:41 PM

Hi Philip, Excuse me if I make a mistake. Thank you very much for your comments. Yes, VWD asks to work a lot. But, when the result is good, you have the pleasure to see how the clothes or the hair move. My work, now, is not to make big modifications in the program, it is to find methods to reach the reality.

As you said, VWD needs many tests and these tests need many time. I thank you for the gem, but I think VWD will perhaps be a gem when it will allow to make all these tests in real time. As in the reality. My next goal is to work on the GPU programming. It is a long and fastidious work but I want to finalize it this summer. (Autumn will be fast ..... in VWD). 😆

PhilipHowe ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2017 at 4:11 PM

Great to hear you might port it to GPU, I can test it on my 1080ti if you want. The part of the program I would say might be hard to grasp is that you might want to translate some of the text a bit more clearly in English. Also, there are a lot of parameters in the various screens that don't seem to be that effective over the default settings, so some of that can be explained more. I realize that your English is not perfect but it would be helpful to have specific text for parts of these 'bonus' parameters. For example, there is a section that can redo the last settings so you don't have to start from scratch. I only found it after playing around with the dials. From a marketing perspective, I would suggest you ask some of your users for samples that you can put up on your youtube channel, to show others the results. I can provide you with a few if you like. This way, potential buyers, or users, can see what they can expect to get that doesn't come from the developer, but from the end users, who are actually working with, and enjoying the product.

vuduvidente ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2017 at 9:35 PM · edited Fri, 02 June 2017 at 9:41 PM

VWD worked fine until update DazStudio to the last version. Now it opens an obj import options dialog for cloth and hair, not in collision and then makes a copy of the object (hair, cloth in scene tab) but in cant see it In studio nor in VWD

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2017 at 3:50 AM

vuduvidente posted at 10:46AM Sat, 03 June 2017 - #4306574

VWD worked fine until update DazStudio to the last version. Now it opens an obj import options dialog for cloth and hair, not in collision and then makes a copy of the object (hair, cloth in scene tab) but in cant see it In studio nor in VWD

You lust accept for both dialog and then the clothe,hair appears in VWD. I understand that a solution has been found and I hope a new version of the bridge will come soon!.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2017 at 11:48 AM

I know Philemot will work on this issue in the coming days.

The update will certainly be available this week.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2017 at 2:07 PM

I've been trying VWD in Studio 4.9.4. release version, and everything appears to be ok.

Im using VWD version 1.0.512.3590, which I presume is the latest build/release.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2017 at 4:03 PM

Hello Writers_Block, it is a very good news.

The latest release is the V1.1.522.3630. You don't have it?

Writers_Block ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2017 at 4:07 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 10:07PM Tue, 13 June 2017 - #4307421

Hello Writers_Block, it is a very good news.

The latest release is the V1.1.522.3630. You don't have it?

Nope. :(

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 11:13 AM

PhilipHowe posted at 5:13PM Sun, 18 June 2017 - #4304935

Yes, that is the same message I've been getting with 4.9.3 Sometimes, the program will continue after it says to terminate it, and it will not do a Dynamic simulation, but it starts a Static sim and will run it to a point, but it will not connect back to Daz Studio with Send pose to Host, since the connection was lost. Part of the problem here is in the way its set up, what files go where. This happened with the plugin, too, when I finally deleted everything and reinstalled everything, forcing the daz link to search again for the program. However, I've done this several times now using DS 4.9.3 and it still gives the above error. Sometimes it will lock the program so that I can't close it at all, except thru Task Manager. I'll attach a few screen shots of the errors I get now. For those who are not seeing this, are you doing a full simulation or just looking to see if it opens? I can see it opens fine, but it won't run the sims now. The reason I have to run 4.9.3 is that the new pascal video cards won't run IRAY in earlier versions of DS. screenshots of VWD termination.jpg

Having the exact same problem with this new version of Daz Studio... Sigh, lol!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 5:20 PM

PhilipHowe posted at 12:08AM Mon, 19 June 2017 - #4306100

Great to hear you might port it to GPU, I can test it on my 1080ti if you want. The part of the program I would say might be hard to grasp is that you might want to translate some of the text a bit more clearly in English. Also, there are a lot of parameters in the various screens that don't seem to be that effective over the default settings, so some of that can be explained more. I realize that your English is not perfect but it would be helpful to have specific text for parts of these 'bonus' parameters. For example, there is a section that can redo the last settings so you don't have to start from scratch. I only found it after playing around with the dials. From a marketing perspective, I would suggest you ask some of your users for samples that you can put up on your youtube channel, to show others the results. I can provide you with a few if you like. This way, potential buyers, or users, can see what they can expect to get that doesn't come from the developer, but from the end users, who are actually working with, and enjoying the product.

Thank you Philip. some users posted their videos on youtube using their accounts. If the name of the program appears in the text of the video, It is a good help for the potential buyers. About the explanations of the parameters, have you read the very good documentation written by WimVDB?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 5:27 PM

@Ashfire45: I thought this problem was resolved. Have you downloaded the latest release of the bridge written by Philemot?

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2017 at 10:07 AM · edited Mon, 19 June 2017 at 10:22 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 4:06PM Mon, 19 June 2017 - #4307864

@Ashfire45: I thought this problem was resolved. Have you downloaded the latest release of the bridge written by Philemot?

I am not sure!

I know we receive an email when a new version of VWD is out; how are the updates of the bridge sent out again? Cheers! :>

UPDATE:

Downloaded from market place, deleted my VWD folder in the C drive and created a 'Virtual World Dynamic' one instead... Sorted, it seems!

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2017 at 11:21 AM

V8.jpg

Well, maybe not entirely sorted - I think this is just a problem with V8 on my side, though. :)

itou31 ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 2:20 AM

Hi, No problem on my side transfering V8 to VWD. VWD version :V1.1.522.3630 Bridge version : 1.4.0.114 (is it the lastest version ?)

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 4:57 AM

itou31 posted at 10:57AM Tue, 20 June 2017 - #4308025

Hi, No problem on my side transfering V8 to VWD. VWD version :V1.1.522.3630 Bridge version : 1.4.0.114 (is it the lastest version ?)

Hi Itou!

Got the latest versions of both and still getting a ton of trouble in the new Daz. In fact, I can't use it. :(

itou31 ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 2:30 PM

And I have DAZ version 4.9.4.117 64bits under windows 8.1. Just retest and no problem with V8.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 3:02 PM

@Ashfire45 : I don't know the exact problems you have with the program. All the persons to who I suggested the following have no problems.

• Install bridge at a high level in your "Content" library. Your library can be everywhere you want.
  • Install the program, VWDClothAndHair.exe and the folders in a high level on your hard disk. "C:VWD" or "D:VWD" for example.

Your installation was certainly different. In this case, you have to start the "Reset path to VWD". This script will reset, in the bridge, the folder used to connect the two programs. The next time you will start the bridge, it will ask you to enter the name of the folder where is VWD.

I am quite sure VWD will work after these modifications.

Could you confirm me if all is perfect.

Gérald

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 3:03 PM

itou31 posted at 10:02PM Tue, 20 June 2017 - #4308075

And I have DAZ version 4.9.4.117 64bits under windows 8.1. Just retest and no problem with V8.

Good news, thank you.

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2017 at 2:24 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 8:21PM Wed, 21 June 2017 - #4308079

@Ashfire45 : I don't know the exact problems you have with the program. All the persons to who I suggested the following have no problems.

• Install bridge at a high level in your "Content" library. Your library can be everywhere you want.
  • Install the program, VWDClothAndHair.exe and the folders in a high level on your hard disk. "C:VWD" or "D:VWD" for example.

Your installation was certainly different. In this case, you have to start the "Reset path to VWD". This script will reset, in the bridge, the folder used to connect the two programs. The next time you will start the bridge, it will ask you to enter the name of the folder where is VWD.

I am quite sure VWD will work after these modifications.

Could you confirm me if all is perfect.

Gérald

Hi Gérald; I do believe that's fixed the problem. No problems with V8 or VWD in general. :) Thanks very much!!! No point having a new realistic figure to render if her clothes and hair are still floating and acting unnatural. ;) Fantastic work as always!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.