Sun, Oct 6, 8:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser 11... Download manager and the SR's?

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2017 at 4:47 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 1:37 PM

I have Poser Pro 11. I don't have my version number available at the moment because I am at work, but I have a question about the SR updates.

I went to the SM site looking for the latest updates, and saw that I had to use the download manager to get them. I already had the download manager, so I plugged my new Poser serial number into it. No SR updates show up. So what gives? I know I am going to need them, right? There are 5 or 6 of them. So how do I get them and install them?

I know my version number would probably give you a better idea, so I'll try to get it and update this when I do.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2017 at 5:14 PM

The current PP11 version is 11.0.6.33735, you should have a second tab entitled Updates which will list the new versions.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2017 at 5:32 PM

Thank you. I'll double check my version. The updates tab is empty, so maybe the version I have already includes the SR's?

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2017 at 5:50 PM · edited Wed, 12 July 2017 at 5:56 PM

There are two relevant tabs; one is the updater -usually a fairly small download- and the full installer. Often an SR/patch will only show up in one or the other tab, but not both. Other times you can use either.

Using the DLM has advantages; if your connection is lost, you "resume" a DLM download, whereas if you were downloading an installer in the traditional; fashion, you would have to start the download again from zero.

Also, the DLM retains previous versions, so if you update to build X and find that now Poser has problems, you can use the DLM to revert to the earlier build.

Plus, the DLM answers the very question you asked; it shows you whether there is an update or not. I disliked the idea when SM introduced the DLM, thinking it an unnecessary extra step, but now I see it as a convenience.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2017 at 7:40 PM

I am going to assume then, that since there are no SR updates in the DLM that I have the latest and greatest.

And I have you to thank for it, again, cousin!

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 July 2017 at 1:55 AM

I just looked. I am updated to v. 11.0.6.33735. Good to go, yes?

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 13 July 2017 at 2:28 AM

Good to go.

Poser 12, in feet.  

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 July 2017 at 2:34 AM

Way cool....

ironsoul ( ) posted Thu, 13 July 2017 at 4:14 PM

Odd, I get updates listed even though installed. Maybe its the version of the update manager, I have 1.0.6.32930

image.png

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 13 July 2017 at 9:16 PM

That's normal, @ironsoul; That enables you to re-install in case of a crashed Poser. If your DLM itself has an update available, it will also show up on the list of available updates/installers. I don't know offhand what the current DLM build should be. But the latest installer for P11 (click the installers tab) should be 33735.

Some patches will only show up in the updates tab; major SRs may only show up in the installers tab. Often, an update will show in both and you can choose which to use, either the small updater patch or the full installer.

Poser 12, in feet.  

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2017 at 6:33 PM

I guess they include the SR's in each successive build, so I don't see them because they are already there?

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2017 at 8:52 PM

When you first ran the DLM, SR6 was already out, so the DLM offered you P11Pro build 11.0.6.33735, which is already updated to the latest SR. One advantage of the DLM system is that you don't have to begin from the initial release version. Another is that you can resume a download if the connection is broken.

When you check the DLM, always check both the updaters tab and the installers tab. If a new SR is released, it will appear in one -or possibly both- of those tabs.

Poser 12, in feet.  

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2017 at 8:59 PM

Yes, I've checked both tabs when I run it. Thanks again, cousin, for everything. I don't know when or how I will ever repay you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.