Sun, Oct 6, 7:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Department Store Mannequin

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2017 at 6:28 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 3:45 PM

Some of those department stores have these dark grey, shiny mannequins to display clothing on. I used EZSkin3 and this happened. It's not the first time. I don't know what is causing it...

dept store mannequin.png

I stopped this render when it first showed up, but I've let them finish before. I think it's a thing in Poser, because it has happened with Pauline before too, and I didn't use EZSkin on her....

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2017 at 6:30 AM

Oh, this is Michael 4, morphed to become Kal El, Clark Kent, Superman. The suit is going to be the Man of Steel suit Henry Cavil wears in Batman v Superman, Dawn of Justice, and, I believe, in the Justice League movies.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2017 at 7:00 AM

I solved the problem. Somehow, Subsurface Bounces was set to 0. Needs at least one to render skin properly...

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2017 at 8:00 AM

Nice suit.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2017 at 8:06 AM

It will be on ShareCG when I get it done. I will put the morph settings I used on him in the ReadMe. I will post another better quality render on here somewhere so you can get a better look at it. I am going to rig it to conform. I know you want this. As a matter of fact, I was thinking of you when I started it. I may redo the piping around his torso. I am not really happy with it. So I'll post that render when it's done for opinions.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2017 at 8:09 AM

MOS.jpg

Here is a WIP render I did awhile back. I did a real quick UV map that I will do better when I brought this in Poser. But it's really close in color and everything else. Much better than the version I made for Tyler a couple years ago. The Piping isn't on this one, but I think it looks promising.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2017 at 2:06 PM

Thank you. It does look very promising. I'll snatch it up when it becomes available.

EClark1849 ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2017 at 12:00 AM

Frankly, I'm a fan of the old costume. Red Trunks and all.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2017 at 12:47 AM

EClark1849 posted at 10:45PM Sun, 16 July 2017 - #4309973

Frankly, I'm a fan of the old costume. Red Trunks and all.

I know, Earl. Me too. But I like this one too. I think I am just a fan of Henry Cavill. I've liked everything I've seen him in, and to me, he fills the gap Christopher Reeve left. But that's just me.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion I DO have to remodel that piping. Somehow I let it come off the suit... ?

MOS.jpg

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2017 at 6:42 AM

Nice work. I'd love to know what the guys in the costume department were smoking when they put the logo on, though; it's obviously the Earth 2 Superman's logo. Then again, the Batfleck costume is very, very close to the Dark Knight Returns version, which is non canon.

Oh well, just one more reason to hate that bloody awful movie. As if I needed it. 😁

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2017 at 6:51 AM

It is the Earth 2 logo, but what they did in the movie that I can't, is to put a Kryptonian saying around the S.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.