Sat, Sep 28, 6:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Animation & Writing Contest!

ashleyb ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2017 at 10:42 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 5:36 PM

There are two contest going on an Animation Contest & Writing Contest. Links below. Check It Out!

Writing Contest: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/?ViewContest=1488

Animation Contest: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/?ViewContest=1485

Ashley,

Community Leader, Renderosity

Steve K. ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2017 at 4:08 PM

Yes, and just in case anybody missed it, the animation file size has been raised to 100MB, about twice the previous contest limits. That's a fairly large size, especially if you use something like the wmv codec.

Steve K. ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2017 at 8:36 PM

I am trying to upload my entry in the Animation contest, and getting an error, "Sorry, files with the extension wmv are not permitted". WMV is listed as an acceptable format in the contest rules. Help!

Steve K. ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2017 at 9:59 PM

More trouble ... I decided to re-render the animation as MP4, but when I tried to upload it , I got another error, "Took too long to respond" or something. The rules apparently have changed to allow files sizes up to 1500 MB, my MP4 file is 137 MB. More help!

Steve K. ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2017 at 6:33 AM

I tried again with the MP4 version, now I get "sorry, you have already submitted an entry". Is that correct? I.e. is my entry received on your end?

Deenamic ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2017 at 12:12 PM · edited Wed, 30 August 2017 at 12:13 PM
Forum Moderator

Hi Steve! I'm sorry that we're just now replying back to you. I was dealing with the rain here, thank goodness today is sunny and dry. I know you're from the Houston area too, how are things where you are? I hope things are okay there. We're going to have to talk to the programmer and find out what video formats are now accepted. It seems like at one time the WMV format was accepted. I know for sure that the MP4 format is accepted, because we've received some entries that were in MP4 format. I'm going to check and see what's going on with the video format problem and get back to you soon with some answers.

Denesia (Dee)

Forums: Photoshop  ☮  Photography  ☮  Mixed Medium  ☮  Freestuff  ☮  Freestuff Testing  ☮  Changes wanted in the Community  ☮  Marvelous Designer  ☮  Challenge Arena  ☮  Animation  ☮  Fractals  ☮  Beta Testing  ☮  The Get-Away Spot  ☮  Newcomer Corner  ☮  Suggestion Box  ☮  Contest Announcements

Steve K. ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2017 at 6:58 PM

Deenamic - I've responded with a site mail.

Deenamic ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2017 at 4:12 PM · edited Thu, 31 August 2017 at 4:14 PM
Forum Moderator

I got your sitemail and I have replied to it.

Denesia (Dee)

Forums: Photoshop  ☮  Photography  ☮  Mixed Medium  ☮  Freestuff  ☮  Freestuff Testing  ☮  Changes wanted in the Community  ☮  Marvelous Designer  ☮  Challenge Arena  ☮  Animation  ☮  Fractals  ☮  Beta Testing  ☮  The Get-Away Spot  ☮  Newcomer Corner  ☮  Suggestion Box  ☮  Contest Announcements

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.