Sun, Oct 6, 7:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: PP11 crashing when trying to load saved scene

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2017 at 2:45 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 7:16 PM

This has just started happening to me. I have Poser Pro 11 and all the latest updates/SR's installed. The scene in question is only the EZdome, one figure with EZSkin applied, and 3 dynamic cloth props with associated cloth sims. When I attempt to load it to keep working on the scene, Poser crashes.

How do I fix this?

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

ironsoul ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2017 at 2:53 AM

could try importing the scene into an empty new scene,

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2017 at 4:46 PM

I guess I could try that, but I am trying to understand why it is happening. It just started. The scene isn't overly complicated, and there isn't a lot in there. I could see if it it was a scene with hundreds of props and dozens of figures...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

raven ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2017 at 3:49 AM

Could be the saved simulations mucking you about. Backup the dyn files for the simulations and remove them and see if the scene loads. If it does you know that one or all of the simulations is hosed.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2017 at 10:01 PM

I will have to see if it happens again. I deleted the whole scene and started it again. I am running a render right now, so I'll save the scene out after the render finishes and see if it crashes again.

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2017 at 11:52 PM

Have you checked the log window ? There should be a log somewhere about what caisedyour scene to crash. I had that troubel for a few days afterward, then nVidia posted an update to my graphics driver and I seem to have a stable Poser Pro 11 again.

Eternal Hobbyist

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 08 September 2017 at 3:44 AM

I didn't think to check out the log. I don't know if I can still bring it up. I did save the scene again, so I will attempt to open it and see if it crashes again. If it does, I'll check to see if Poser logged the reason why. Thanks for that tip. I can't connect my laptop to the internet right now, so I don't know if I have an update for my 8 year old nVidia card or not

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2017 at 7:11 AM

The event log on my laptop doesn't say anything specific about the crashing. And it's happening with EVERY scene I attempt to save and reopen. So I have a bug I need to work out with PP11.

Where do I report this?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.