Wed, Oct 2, 10:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Is there a way to RENDER a two-port view with both cameras?

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2017 at 12:29 PM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 9:32 PM

I'm making some educational animations. Some require seeing a front and side view in the same frame. Poser can 'export' the preview with both frames, but when you render it always picks the selected camera. I've been pairing the views in PSP, but that's tiring and error-prone.

Is there a trick to get an actual RENDER of the same thing you see in the two-port preview?

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ironsoul ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2017 at 1:55 PM · edited Tue, 12 September 2017 at 2:03 PM

A mirror at 45 degrees should give front and side from one viewport but the problem becomes getting both images to have the same scale. I thought Poser had an orth mode but can't find it :(

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2017 at 3:35 PM

ironsoul posted at 9:34PM Tue, 12 September 2017 - #4314011

A mirror at 45 degrees should give front and side from one viewport but the problem becomes getting both images to have the same scale. I thought Poser had an orth mode but can't find it :(

Set focal length to zero.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2017 at 6:07 PM

Interesting and clever. I'll try it!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2017 at 1:56 AM · edited Wed, 13 September 2017 at 1:58 AM

Works like a charm. Lets me render all the frames in CtrlJ as usual. This is one of the frames....sample.jpg

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2017 at 1:57 AM

And for reference, here's a view from above. Just used a one-sided square with Reflection instead of Diffuse. No problem with scaling.above.jpg

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2017 at 1:59 AM

Thanks for the SMART idea!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

pikesPit ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2017 at 4:41 AM

You could also duplicate the model, rotate and place them side by side. This would also make sure that both models have the same lighting.

For orthogonal view use Front camera, (or R/L, Top, Bottom or Back camera)

Peter

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2017 at 7:36 AM

I thought of duplicating, but the object is partly rigged as a figure and partly separate props that need to turn visible and invisible at different frames. Thus duplicating wouldn't be purely automatic. The mirror approach works beautifully.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.