Mon, Oct 21, 10:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Adding extra weld commands

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2017 at 12:39 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 8:19 PM

I have Poser 11. I am experimenting with a posable breast pocket which is a posable extra jointed part parented to his chest, with its rotation center at its bottom edge. Parts of its edges were not adhering to the garment. That was because the pocket strayed into lCollar and abdomen territory. So I added two extra weld commands to the testing job's .pz3 file :-

weld    lToe:1  
             lFoot:1
    weld    pocket:1  
             chest:1
             lCollar:1
             abdomen:1
    allowsBending 1 

That seems to work, but is it likely to cause other trouble?

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2017 at 2:14 AM · edited Tue, 24 October 2017 at 2:17 AM
Forum Coordinator

No doubt it will but no idea which problems you wil run into. Interesting experiment. Looking forward to hear your furthrer findings.

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2017 at 3:13 AM

Wardrobe Wizard has used additional weld commands for years. I doubt if anyone has noticed although they would have if the commands were not there.

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2017 at 12:27 PM

Some forms of non-standard welding were broken by changes introduced with the alternate skinning methods. These can be re-enabled by checking Figure-->Properties-->Enable Legacy Welding. Other than that, Poser has remained tolerant of extra or unusual welds.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Morkonan ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2017 at 12:34 PM

Just imagining for a sec a pocket and the underlying shirt, welding verts together there would result in non-manifold geometry with three faces sharing the same edge.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/MayaLT/files/Polygons-overview-Twomanifold-vs--nonmanifold-polygonal-geometry-htm.html

That's A Bad Thing ™ in normal 3D modeling. If Poser doesn't care, though, then I guess you shouldn't. A solution that didn't involve that would likely be using a weight map instead of a standard Poser deformer, so you could fine-tune the rigging to not move the verts at the edges of the pocket.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.