Sun, Oct 6, 6:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Tutorials - and how to make them?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2018 at 6:32 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

If I were to make a tutorial on something and put it here (for that lovely 30 RP ;) ) how would it work? And does it have to be a video tutorial or is explanation with pictures good enough? I don't know how to videocapture my screen (though I guess I could find out .. still I'd also need a microphone and stuff.. and speak in a strange language ;) )

Sooo .. halp?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2018 at 8:21 AM

So basically.... You want a tutorial on how to make a tutorial.....

(sorry couldn't resist)

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2018 at 9:25 AM
Forum Moderator

You can do either way a written tutorial is acceptable method for submitting tutorials. If you wanted to do a video tutorial the one popular software and it is free is OBS Studio There are also many image screen capture software you can use one that comes with Windows is Snipping tool very basic and already comes preinstalled on Windows 10 machines Ashampoo has a free version of their screen capture software called Snap 2018 Which lets you creat a project and can save as a PDF that then can be uploaded to the site as well

I hope this helps answer your question look forward to seeing your tutorial

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2018 at 5:41 PM

Khai-J-Bach posted at 12:39AM Wed, 28 February 2018 - #4325213

So basically.... You want a tutorial on how to make a tutorial.....

(sorry couldn't resist)

😂 Hahahahahah

And thanks, Lobo3433. I have several programs for screen capture and editing. Just not for video. I might check that OBS thing out though, some things are just easier to show in real time :)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2018 at 10:01 PM

Please be aware that OBS, does not capture the document window in Poser ... I was asked to do a webinar for Poser and couldn't get past that obstacle.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2018 at 9:52 AM

That is good to know, Boni. I will have to figure out another way to do it then :)

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2018 at 10:06 AM
Forum Moderator

Ashampoo's Snap 2018 does do video screen capture as well it is thou a cut down version of there full version so it may have limitations there is also CamStudio which is free and perhaps one of the oldest and most used programs it is very straight forward and from what I have heard easy to use

Good Luck

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 05 March 2018 at 6:55 AM
Site Admin

Just wanted to mention that if you're interested in screen capture software, giveawayoftheday has some available for free today. I don't know how good it is or how well it works with poser. I just thought I'd mention it since some of the other stuff mentioned didn't work well with poser.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.