Wed, Oct 2, 9:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Halloween Contest Extension

CHMedia ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2018 at 2:01 PM · edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 7:58 PM

We apologize for any confusion while we transitioned between Community Leaders and troubleshot the video upload inquires. As a result, we will be extending the Contest.

-Submissions will be open beginning on Monday, September 10th at 10:00 am (CDT) and will end at 11:59 pm (CDT) on Wednesday, October 17th. -Community voting will begin on Thursday, October 18th at 12:00 am (CDT) and will close at 10:00 am (CDT) on Thursday, October 25th. -Winners will be announced on Wednesday, October 31st. -Entries MUST be time-stamped by Wednesday, October 17th at 11:58 pm (CDT), or they will not be accepted. Only one (1) entry per person, per category.

EmotionalOutlet3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2018 at 10:44 AM

Since there is an extension can changes be made to an entry and re-submitted?

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2018 at 10:55 AM · edited Sat, 13 October 2018 at 10:57 AM
Site Admin

EmotionalOutlet3D posted at 8:52AM Sat, 13 October 2018 - #4337573

Since there is an extension can changes be made to an entry and re-submitted?

I don't see anything in the rules against it. I would have to delete your entry and you could resubmit. Let me know which contest your entry is in.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2018 at 8:21 AM · edited Tue, 16 October 2018 at 8:28 AM

Dear Rendrosity

I find it I find it ridiculous that I am told by You guys I have to upload my animation to YouTube then back to my desk top and then back to renderosity to be able to submit to this contest. I use adobe premiere as my film editor which exports my final animation as a H.264 or MPEG-4 Part 10, Advanced Video Coding (MPEG-4 AVC) in either 720 or 1080 HD which is the industry standards
I change mpg to .mp4 to fit the contest guidelines , I find it ridiculous I can upload 1080 HD directly to YouTube using premiere without having YouTube change my codex. So to be told i have to I have to upload my animation to YouTube before i can upload it to renderosity is ridiculous, so for this reason I will not be making the deadline and will not be submitting this entry that I had made specially for this contest using 80% renderosity products.. Because once i upload my animation to YouTube . its going to stay there. Regards Ivy

CHMedia ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2018 at 9:29 AM

Ivy,

I sincerely apologize for any confusion or frustration. Please feel free to send me the file for further review.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2018 at 10:09 AM · edited Tue, 16 October 2018 at 10:12 AM
Site Admin

@Poisinivy I've sent you a site mail. I've been handling the animation submissions, so I have no idea what the whole youtube thing was about. But anyway, we'll get your submission in on time.

Wolf, Moderator

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2018 at 12:10 PM
Site Admin

I just got the scoop on the youtube suggestion. Please, do not upload your file to youtube. There was no malice intended, but we are all human and we all get those ideas where we say, 'hey I got an idea, let's try this...' and only after the fact do we realize it wasn't the greatest idea. That's how I ended up once with my motorcycle in a tree and me on the way to the hospital. (hey, it was awesome until the tree got in the way). So, yeah, we're all artists here with many different backgrounds, and together we can solve any problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.