Tue, Oct 1, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Poses for G3-8 --> V4

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2018 at 2:50 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:39 AM

There as so many great posing packages (actual poses, not material poses etc) both free and paid, for DS and Genisis.

Is there a way/script/pipeline to transmute them into files that Poser Pro 11 can interpret and inject onto V4.2's morphs?

::::: Opera :::::

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2018 at 8:04 PM

Are you asking for regular poses or morph poses? They are not the same and the way you are phrasing your question is confusing? There are DS scripts which can translate regular poses between the Genesis series and V4. You would need to export those poses into Poser format to be completely usable.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2018 at 9:57 PM

I think I AM confused. I have some "poses" in my runtime that seem to require injecting. They have a "remove" right below them. When you "inject them" it's frustrating because I don't always see a dial for them after injection.

Others simply spin the dials of already-injected morphs such those found in Morphs ++

Which of the two work with this: "here are DS scripts which can translate regular poses between the Genesis series and V4. " And would I need to get/install DS for this?

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2018 at 11:10 PM

Now I understand that you are referring to morph poses, not just poses in general. Unfortunately, there are no scripts that I know about that can translate morph poses from Genesis to V4 in Poser. However, Genesis can assume the morphed shape of V4 to which Genesis centric morphs can be applied. By importing Genesis into Poser using DSON, you can have access to a great variety of morphs generally specific to DS.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2018 at 11:12 PM

thank you for replying, and so clearly. Now I can get perspective on if I want to undertake this.

:: og ::

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2018 at 4:22 AM

Genesis can assume the morphed shape of V4 to which Genesis centric morphs can be applied. By importing Genesis into Poser using DSON, you can have access to a great variety of morphs generally specific to DS.

Just be aware that the only way to get V4 morphs onto a Genesis(1-2) Figure is Via purchasing the GENX 2 Plugin from the Daz store. as well as the V4 "Clones" I used this plugin to transfer all of my favorite V4/M4 even some V3 Character shaped to Genesis when I Migrated from Poser pro 2014 to Daz studio & Iclone pro for my animated films.

It is not a simple process, however there are many threads in the DS forums about its usage.

Once you get your Genesis figure loaded up with you favorite V4 Shapes/Morphs in Daz studio,

I would imagine you could use the DSON thing to bring that V4 shaped Doppleganger back into poser and endure the vicissitudes of working with a resource intensive genesis under DSON Emulation.

My website

YouTube Channel

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2018 at 8:38 AM · edited Sat, 15 December 2018 at 8:44 AM

wolf359 posted at 9:25AM Sat, 15 December 2018 - #4341891

Genesis can assume the morphed shape of V4 to which Genesis centric morphs can be applied. By importing Genesis into Poser using DSON, you can have access to a great variety of morphs generally specific to DS.

Just be aware that the only way to get V4 morphs onto a Genesis(1-2) Figure is Via purchasing the GENX 2 Plugin from the Daz store.

Not the only way, but certainly the easiest. The first few Genesis/Gen4 products I made were done without GenX (since it didn't exist) and only used the Transfer tool and the built in clones for V4/M4 (the ones used for autofitting clothes), with cleanup with a tool like zbrush. I think you would turn convert V4 into a weightmapped figure then run the transfer utility. With getting the purchase of the V4 clone, you would get the shape, since the process only copies the deltas between the base shape and the morph you wanted to transfer. You probably wouldn't need a cleanup tool since there are tools in DS now that wasn't available then to delete unwanted polygons from a particular morph, such as the teeth and eyes that usually get messed up in transfer.

Note: As with GenX and this method, you can't distribute any morphs that you don't own/haven't created, and should be used for only your personal use.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2018 at 11:59 AM

Thanks for the clarification Terrence, I had not yet Migrated fully to Daz studio in the pre GENX Days.

At any Rate, any viable ,transfer to poser ,process will require the use of Daz studio and a willingness to learn some of its tools...no circumventing this fact

It is nearly 2019 and the V4 model is now 12 years old.

Options to get recent genesis content ported to poser may still technically exist yet none of them are simple,fast or easy.

IMHO At this point, it would likely be more efficient to learn to develop & model your own poser native V4 clothing & morphs. or commission one of the remaining poser content devs for custom products.

My website

YouTube Channel

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2018 at 12:13 PM

Hi Wolf, I am a fan of yours, first of all. Next this: "the V4 model is now 12 years old." I think V4 is immortal. And her Fountain of Youth is Sasha-16.

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2018 at 12:22 PM

Update for clarity.

I created this thread because of seeing some beautiful poses for Genesis8 Female by bbarbs Click to see in Freestuff ... and (with full realization that Genesis is a different world/structure than V4.2) wondered if some genius had invented a script to transmute those poses into something that would work on V4.2 in Poser Pro. I won't be going through the Doppleganger/DSON process ... too much tinkering around and grief when i have no other reason to deploy Genesis.

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2018 at 1:09 PM

edit:

"... some genius had invented a script to transmute those poses into something that would work on V4.2 in Poser Pro..." without opening DS or having the Genesis8Female model. Just a transformation of the .duf file(s) on the OS level for Windows.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2018 at 4:37 PM · edited Sat, 15 December 2018 at 4:38 PM

While those poses are nice, I see nothing there that could not be easily copied by dial turning V4's limbs in poser pro.

Come on opera,....your are a poser animator :-)

creating still poses should be like going back to kindergarden for you.

My website

YouTube Channel

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2018 at 5:37 PM · edited Sat, 15 December 2018 at 5:37 PM

I am lazy.

However, I agree, the ones by bbarbs i could use as reference and get there by dial spinning ... or in the case of the marvelously poseable Sasha-16, by pulling her limbs around.

Thanks for the acknowledgment. My little black dress animation:

click here for animation, .mp4

first half is mocap, second half, hand key

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2018 at 8:55 PM · edited Sat, 15 December 2018 at 8:55 PM

This took about 10 min to pose. Not counting the fiddling and obsessing.

Reference to the poses of bbarbs "Pose 29" near the bottom of this page ...

Click to see bbarbs pose page

pose21.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.