Tue, Oct 1, 5:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Hand-held camera effect in Poser

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2018 at 2:26 PM ยท edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 5:14 PM

I searched around first, could not find a thread on this.

Can anyone point to the general concept or approach to take to achieve the hand-held camera look in Poser animation?

::::: Opera :::::

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2018 at 5:01 PM

Manually animate the yaw and pitch etc or parent it to the head or shoulder of an invisible figure walking moving etc. Open the hierarchy editor and drag your "handcam" onto the body part of the invisible figure that will be "Carrying it" I Just tried it in poser pro 2014. would require some "finessing" but doable.

BTW getting a hand held camera effect is nearly just as tedious in ever major package I own C4D ,Lightwave 3D 2015 ,Daz studio, Iclone pro pipeline.

Except the incredible Cinemachine procedural system in Unity of course https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X00qXErxIM

My website

YouTube Channel

davlin ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2019 at 11:22 AM

If you use the Posing camera targeting a subject that eg is walking away..or any object that is animated the posing cam will follow as if handheld.....used this method for years

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2019 at 11:12 PM

You mean, engage the "point at" function and have the posing camera point at, say, the head of a moving character?

davlin ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2019 at 6:56 AM

no just set posing cam to animate and target as you say....the cam will do the rest....it is quite effective and can look cool......I don't use" point at" for this.......give it a try and see what you think.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2019 at 1:40 PM

Oh, the posing camera automatically points and orbits as needed. Thanks.

davlin ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2019 at 8:08 AM

It is worth exploring when you're animating can be very useful......goodluck.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.