Sun, Oct 6, 6:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 10:48 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: I've accidentally bought DS products when I own poser

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2019 at 10:13 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:55 AM

because of the way your website is set up and because I don't tend too look well because i search the poser part of your MP. I always only search the poser product MP here. I never use your website set to general. So with some makers who I have already bought a lot of poser stuff from -my experience has been that their stuff I know it is good so I don't tend to look all that well and just drop it into my cart and buy it if it looks useful, because I am always rushing. Now as i reorganize my runtimes I am finding several products that are DS only. I don't want my money back, I just want your site to not have DS only stuff in the poser part of the store.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2019 at 10:52 AM

If you could tell us which items you are referring to? Also, some items are for both programs. So those would show up in both areas. You can send us an email to store@renderosity.com with some links/examples if you would like and we will get those fixed! 😄

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2019 at 6:19 PM

114768 - JDS-V4 Mega Pack 1 114817 - Solid Plants 114824 - Garden Corner 3 113701 - Stone Path For Daz Studio 111674 - Freeway Tunnel Road Set 111620 - Old Wood House

are some examples of what i have bought i think. I have 1000s of products so it is hard for me to locate them all. some of them were probably just my mistake, but I think some were definitely because they would have been in the wrong spot because I am sure I would not have purchased them deliberately.

They may be fixed already, as I b ought some of these products a long time ago.

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2019 at 6:25 PM

I checked all of these and all are in the Daz Studio department and none have Poser on them. 😄

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2019 at 6:55 PM

that's good. Maybe I accidentally logged in there. It is possible. Not the sort of thing I would normally do though as I am a poser user.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2019 at 6:55 PM

Maybe I saw the adds come up int eh poser area and thought they were products.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 8:53 AM

especially if they are from people who make poser stuff or both.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 3:12 AM

OK I just found this one Definitely in the wrong place and I wouldn't have bought it normally. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/waverlys-summer-accessories/109478

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 3:53 AM

actually there are some .pp2 files in there, so maybe it is for poser afterall. Hard to be certain from the info on the page.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 9:25 AM

That one is supposed to work in both with DSON import of the figure. Genesis 2 does work in Poser (YMMV). Materials are set up for both programs, and a full set of scripts for the item do appear in the Poser Library.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 5:37 PM

when i use dson importer my poser becomes extremely slow to the point of not really being workable. I don't know how others are managing. perhaps it is because of my vast library of content.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 7:20 PM

I've heard that before. I'm a DAZ user so I have no experience with it. Sort of what my "Your Mileage My Vary" comment was about. The product you listed works in Poser. It's made for Genesis 2. How well Genesis 2 works in Poser is another question.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 9:31 PM

the thing is I have had so many mistakes that have cost quite a bit overall, i wonder if it is entirely my fault or the design/layout of the website here. I suspect the latter is partially to blame for this.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2019 at 9:43 PM

Best I can tell you is every product has a readme file you can look at before you buy the product. If all the files are dsf and duf, it isn't going to work in Poser. I regularly check those things before I buy since I get a lot of Poser content to use in DAZ and I have to see if it is likely it will work and how much trouble I am going to have using it. I don't just read the product descriptions.

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 2:55 PM · edited Wed, 06 February 2019 at 2:57 PM

estherau posted at 2:47PM Wed, 06 February 2019 - #4345332

OK I just found this one Definitely in the wrong place and I wouldn't have bought it normally. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/waverlys-summer-accessories/109478

I can comment on that as it's my product. It is definitely NOT in the wrong place ;-)

That item has dson files for Poser. When I created that I was still mainly creating in Poser, however I was creating for Genesis 2. Dson was needed as the set was developed for Genesis 2. The MATs for poser are in the materials library. If products were DSON compatible they were to list poser software.

The product page very clearly states that it includes Poser Companion files. It is assumed that anyone using a product created for Genesis 2 in Poser would be using DSON because one has to in order to use Genesis 2 in Poser.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 7:58 AM

3-Darena, It was so long ago that I can't remember exactly what i was thinking at the time when i read the blurb for that product. So i can't comment. I haven't used genesis. I tried it really briefly in poser at one stage though. Generally a prop can be used on other figures besides the figure it was made for, unless it isn't actually a poser prop. So I probably thought your props would work, and maybe they will. My guess is I just saw the pretty picture and the word poser and stuck it in my cart. I do see .pp2 files in my runtime though for the product, so that doesn't seem like it needs DSON. I haven't tried them though.

I just installed 2684 renderosity products into poser as external runtimes. It took me many days. In amongst all that I found several other purchases that I really can't believe i would have deliberately made. My preference would be for a poser only shopping experience to avoid mistakes, but I know i just need to be more careful.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 10:46 AM

IMO content for genesis, Poser companion files or not, does NOT belong in the Poser section at all, but I guess that's just me..

That said, it really is the responsibility of the customer to read the description of a product before we buy ;)

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 11:00 AM · edited Thu, 07 February 2019 at 11:00 AM

The Poser section is based on software the products work in. Back when we were including DSON options we of course had to list Poser as a software - that automatically put it in the Poser section. Since DSON was created specifically at the request of so many poser users that wanted to use Genesis figures in Poser anything including it was only included to cater to those very Poser users.

So they absolutely belonged in the Poser section as it's not figure based but software based.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 1:15 PM

Right. But the figure doesn't work in Poser without a 3rd party plugin, is my point. We might as well include FBX files in the Poser section, as Poser can import those.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2019 at 5:42 PM

It's all about ease of use of the website for customers. I would like to be able to shop, on the basis of nice promos just happily throw lots of relevant products into my cart without worrying too much about whether they will be compatible or not because i know i am shopping in the appropriate section of the MP.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.