Sun, Oct 6, 6:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 3:44 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Needing input on how to repair a Fatal Error on boot up of Poser Pro 11

PenelopeFlynn ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 5:58 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:14 AM

I received this Error Message late yesterday afternoon when booting up Poser Pro 11. Has anyone else had this message come up and if so how did you resolve it?

I am running Windows 10, a 64 bit system. Fatal Poser error.JPG

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 6:08 AM

Did you reload Poser? It could be a fluke . How is your system memory wise? Do you have enough? Can't tell you. Each case is different

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

HartyBart ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 2:24 PM

I think I had that once or twice before. I seem to remember it was after running Photoshop, and I guessed that Poser couldn't get enough RAM (computer memory) to start. Possibly something like Photoshop is still stuck in memory and is hogging the RAM?

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

PenelopeFlynn ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 7:44 PM

ThunderStone posted at 7:43PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345682

Did you reload Poser? It could be a fluke . How is your system memory wise? Do you have enough? Can't tell you. Each case is different

I've tried to open it a few times with no luck. I think I might have to reload it. So it looks like a reload may be on the horizon.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 12:17 PM

Try the reload and then come back and let us know. Also now that I've thought about it, what version Win 10 do you have. Home, Pro or Enterprise? You may have do a system scan.

PenelopeFlynn ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 12:45 PM

I tried the reload but that didn't work. My next step is to move the Preferences to see if that has anything to do with this mess.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 3:03 PM

That could do the trick and if that doesn't, you might want to check this out at one of Smith Micro software forum Fatal Error Occurred Loading the application

PenelopeFlynn ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 7:50 PM

ThunderStone posted at 7:38PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4345779

That could do the trick and if that doesn't, you might want to check this out at one of Smith Micro software forum Fatal Error Occurred Loading the application

If no one has told you in while... You Absolutely Rock! It worked. For those who (like me) got Poser Pro 11 via an upgrade, you will need the original serial number as well as the upgrade serial number. I'm so happy to have this thing working again that I won't even complain about having to reload all my content libraries! Thank you again!

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2019 at 6:50 AM

Glad it's working now. Which of the two helped the most?

PenelopeFlynn ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2019 at 9:10 AM

ThunderStone posted at 9:07AM Mon, 11 February 2019 - #4345816

Glad it's working now. Which of the two helped the most?

I didn't even try dealing with the Preferences. I went directly to removing the Poser files from ProgramData. In my system there were two Poser folders, Poser and Poser Pro. The SmithMicro folder only contained the Motion Artist files. As indicated, I created a folder on my desktop. I cut the Poser files then pasted them there. Then when I restarted Poser the registration screen popped up requesting the original serial number and the update serial number. Once those were entered I was back in business. I was really surprised that the fix was that effective. When I rechecked my ProgramData I noticed that it only contained one Poser folder, not the two that were there originally. I don't know if having the two Poser folders caused some confusion in the system, I am just glad the nightmare is over. Thank you again.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2019 at 9:46 AM

You're welcome! Glad to be of service.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.