Sat, Sep 14, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:46 pm)

Subject: New development on material room Poser crash

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2019 at 11:28 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

It took the engineers at Poser a while to figure out why the program would crash when I tried to access the material room, but I think we've found out what was going on.

Essentially, it was this: after a lot of watching when it happened, the chain reaction was this — I have a fully dressed figure in a scene. I want to change it for another fully dressed figure in my standing webcomic library. I would hit the base figure already loaded, click on the library asset I wanted, hit the single check mark... and everything would be fine until I decided to change a material setting. Then the cursor, while in the Pose room, would change to an eyedropper, and the program would stall out and eventually crash.

What the engineers say is happening, it's using a fully dressed figure (meaning a base figure with conforming clothes) and trading it for another. The Switch Figure tool wasnt meant for that kind of wholesale exchange, just one figure to another. So I've created a workaround of saving the base figure's pose with Body Transformation on, deleting the old one, loading the new one, using the new pose, and we're still rolling. For those not aware of it, Body Transformation means the pose's position in space is retained as well as the new position of the body's various parts. Pretty useful if you're doing something with complex interaction.

Hope that helps if anyone else is finding the same issue.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Digitell ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2019 at 2:11 PM

Thank you for mentioning this and posting! I thought I was the only one having this issue. I reported this issue quick a good while back with no answers available. I will give this work around a go. Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.