Tue, Oct 1, 5:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: script to remove/replace all materials in a figure?

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2019 at 12:57 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

I searched first.

Is there a script to remove all materials, and/or to propagate one scheme to all actors on a figure?

Thanks for any leads.

::::: Opera :::::

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2019 at 1:42 PM

No ... but a close way is if you have EZmat. It has a drop and drag feature when you can drop mats to the selected zone you want and it is replaced ... and if it is a DAZ Generation 4 figure (V4/M4/K4) you can mark that all zones that use that map will be added (i.e. torso, limbs, face ...) but not universal, because every figure is mapped differently. You can remove all maps on some figures where they have an all white MAT pose setting as well, but not a replace textures.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2019 at 1:58 PM

It's for V4, so good. EZMat is not the same thing as BB's matmatic, right?

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2019 at 2:00 PM

searching in free stuff and marketplace, no results for "EZMat"

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2019 at 2:47 PM

Google EZmat snarlygribbly

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2019 at 3:02 PM

Got it. Thanks. And enormous thanks to snarlygribbly, I already rely on ScreenFixer and EZSkin.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2019 at 4:20 PM

Another possibility...Netherworks has a script called Transfer Material. He sold it at Runtime DNA (RIP). It's now at Hivewire.

movida ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2019 at 7:20 PM

Also, Netherworks "Material Writer Panel 2014" will list all materials of your figure and all can be selected simultaneously, then right click on the bunch of selected materials and you'll get "selection tools" --> reset materials (set to white). It'll set your figure to white then you can save it as a material

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2019 at 5:37 AM

Just a little tid-bit of information ... much of snarly's tools are GUI versions of BB's matmatic work and his Envirosphere (EZdome).

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2019 at 11:07 AM

?

Unless I'm missing the point, this is a function built into the context menus.

1. Select a material zone and set the material as desired

2. Right click, then pick "Select All"

3. Right click, then pick "Apply to All"

4. From the Wacro buttons in the Material pane, hold down Shift, then click on "Remove Detached Nodes"

Not exactly a one click solution but it works.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2019 at 11:30 PM

Sam, that worked. DUH! Thanks. ::::: Opera :::::

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2019 at 1:25 AM

You're welcome. 😁

My Store

My Gallery

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2019 at 12:00 PM

Note: this "apply all" works great if it's okay to change every actor to the same shader/materials. I'm trying to make a "clay" shader, so apply all is great.

I'm seeing that the snarlygribbly/BB EZmat gives more specific control. So ... whichever for the job.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2019 at 3:35 PM

ISTR BB made a clay shader. That is, "clay", as in modelling clay, Plasticine/Newplast, the sort of stuff they use for the Wallace and Gromit animations.

If that's what you're after, it may save you some time.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.