Wed, Sep 18, 2:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Meshing test

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2019 at 4:05 PM · edited Thu, 11 July 2024 at 10:17 PM

Hello,

as I said some days ago, I want to work on the cloth assistants. To create perfect behaviours for all kinds of clothes, I need to do a lot of tests on clothes having different meshing sizes.

For these tests, I just created a simple DUF file containing G2F with a slow danse animation and a skirt. This skirt has been meshed using several meshing sizes.

For me the reference size is 030 which corresponds to 0.3 inch. (size of the triangles). The first action is to define a behaviour for the 4 materials defined in the assistants (silk, polyester, cotton, leather) for this size. Once the behaviours are fine for this meshing size, the aim is to expand the same behaviour on the other sizes, on the other skirts. The results will be an array of the settings for each size. The settings which need to be modified for these tests are :

• in the stiffening by extension : Softness and iterations.
  • in the simulation : nb samples.

I want to start these tests in the coming days. Some of you seemed to be interested to also make these tests. We could compare our results.

Thank you for your help.

Here is the link to the file:

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

Surody ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2019 at 6:35 AM

Yes, like I wrote I would like to test. Thank you.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2019 at 9:32 AM

Hello, excuse me, I didn't see the link is not in the post.

Here it is : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1di6u_03Ck10x0mW6ecDfHbFf1_WIbhKV

Sorry for this issue.

Surody ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2019 at 5:16 AM

Am I supposed to do all tests with CPU?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2019 at 2:30 PM

Hello Surody,

Yes, for me, the best way is to do all the tests using the same computation method.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.