Mon, Sep 9, 12:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:02 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: The Eagle The Rattle Snake & the horse. Daz Studio Iray animation

poisinivy ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2019 at 10:26 AM · edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 8:09 AM

The Eagle The Rattle Snake & the horse. Daz Studio Iray

a 1 minutes animation short I made to test some equipment upgrades. Created in Daz Studio with iray

Youtube Link

click pic to play animation,.

CyBoRgTy ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2019 at 10:38 AM

I like the look of the iRay render. I don't use Daz Studio very much, but I did a recent test of animating and rendering with it (in my ‘To Be or Not To Be’ movie). The Daz implementation of iRay renders much faster than the current version in iClone.

poisinivy ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2019 at 10:51 AM

Hi CyBoRgTy, I never used Iclone it cost to much to buy it. But I do use poser 11 and i found iray faster than superfly by a mile and i like the results better as well, This animation took me 3 days from start to finish. 10 scenes all together . it was to test of my new 2 EVGA's 1080ti graphic cards to see how they would do in animation. this scene loaded took 10 gigs of vram my gpu was 12 so i was really pushing the limits on it with this test. but I am pretty happy with how quick they rendered and the results

Thanks for watching and the comment :)

ianharding ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2019 at 9:54 AM

Hi, Ivy, another great animated video, i quite enjoyed the design of it all, the horse, hawk, snake and person was cool :)

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2019 at 3:18 PM

Thanks guys :)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 12:42 PM

PoisonIvy

hit the ! under the names to file reports. I've reported these spambots for you (other, message spambot)

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 7:25 PM

okay thanks

studiokal ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2019 at 4:55 AM

very nice for me!

poisinivy ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 8:56 AM

Thank you guys :)

LuxXeon ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 5:38 PM

Ivy! this is great. Iray really makes beautiful work of shadows and reflections, as expected of a path tracing engine. How long did this take per frame on average? You mentioned 3 days with two GTX 1080tis? That seems like a really long time for 1 minute of animation, even though I see there are plenty of reflections and GI going on here. I would have expected those GPU's to really crank out the frames much faster, considering the power of those cards. I wonder if there's a bottleneck going on with your CPU, because I think Iray uses both GPU and CPU? Or did you have it just using the GPU here? Also, were your 1080's set up in SLI or as seperate cards? I've heard reports of SLI actually impacting performance negatively compared to running renders with seperate GPUs. I don't have Daz Studio so I can't test my RTX 2070 with it for a comparison, but have you tried out the Eevee render engine in Blender yet? It's not a path tracer like Cycles or Iray, but the quality you can get from it for animation is very close to what you could get from a real path tracing engine, and your 1080's would make short work of frames in there.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

poisinivy ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2019 at 10:47 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2019 at 10:49 AM

I have my set up with a dual CPU,GPU set up for gaming and rendering see screen capture for my computer imfor, . This film I was getting around 28 to 32 seconds pre frame render.using daz4.11 a week is pretty quick for a 1 minute daz animations build. daz is not drop and drag animation tools and i tend to do things old school. like hand keyframes everything as much as possible Unlike my last animation Karate Girl which I was getting 12 seconds a frame in Iray though I was still having issues with the IK-chain in daz 4,12, but I still got as good as results as this short film

Thank you for watching and the good question! card Capture.jpg

LuxXeon ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2019 at 12:29 PM

Thanks for the reply, Ivy. I understand what I mean now. When you said 3 days, you meant for every aspect of the animation, not just the render. 32 seconds per frame sounds about right, so that's great. I appreciate that you hand key everything, I still think that's the best way to go as an animator for characters if possible. Mocap is great for the large motions, but hand keying is still the only way to get exactly what you want from the secondary motions. Keep animating and keep up the cool storytelling.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

ava221 ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2019 at 2:43 AM · edited Thu, 31 October 2019 at 2:44 AM

Thanks for such amazing information. I really appreciate your effort.

firestick jailbreak

bestchinchillacage.com

emily11 ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2019 at 2:47 AM

Your work is just excellent. I really love your work and thanks for sharing these resources . getmyoffers capital one

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.