Wed, Sep 18, 2:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Mort for Poser

caisson ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2019 at 5:37 PM

Thanks for the refs and input!

Screenshot below shows the knee bend in action - it's one of the joints I had to remodel after I'd started the rigging. I'm aiming for believability rather than realism (always a great excuse 😆 ) and while Mort isn't medically accurate hopefully it's not too far out.

knee_side.png

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2019 at 5:53 PM

I gave a doctor in the stories I tell using Poser. I'd just want a good skeleton like Mort for her use or if they go the Jason and the Argonauts route and have to fight skeletons for the Golden Fleece so believablity over realism while keeping scene size down would be nice.

an0malaus ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2019 at 2:48 AM · edited Sat, 24 August 2019 at 2:49 AM

In the hierarchy, I'd have the patella as a child of the tibia, rather than the femur. That way all that needs to happen joint wise is a little bit of posterior rotation to maintain distance from the femur during knee flexion. Looking at your examples, you may not even need that, except that the curve at the bottom of the femur where you have the patella inset, is not true to life, if you look at both of @quietrob's example images.

All of that said, however, I can't see anything that would stop me modifying the figure to my own stringent personal requirements with morphs. At least with a skeleton there's zero need to worry about joint zones and weight maps! Woo hoo! ;-) [Unless you want to bend cartilage]

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

caisson ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2019 at 12:36 PM

With Mort the patella, tibia and fibula are all in the same group and have a single bone with Bend as the only (visible) control. Originally I had a more complex setup but it played havoc with IK.

There is some weight mapping in the axial skeleton - the spine is a single mesh item from c2 to pelvis. If I was building this again - and in a few years time I might - I would keep each vertebrae and disc as a separate mesh. Then again, there are bunch of things I would do differently - design decisions at an early stage tend to reverberate!

Anyway, back to writing the user guide ...

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 1:48 PM

randym77 posted at 1:29PM Tue, 03 September 2019 - #4360026

Fantastic!

Will it be available at Hivewire?

Yes, Mort is there now, in fact :)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

caisson ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2019 at 3:52 PM

Mort is now live here as well :D

mort_16-9.jpg

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2019 at 5:02 PM

Thanks! I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise, because I've gotten into habit of using the "LaFemme" link put on the menu. I kind of forgot there's more Poser products than that.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 11:38 AM

Just curious - why is the mesh not symmetrical?

caisson ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 2:08 PM

Heh. Because some of it is using auto retopo from Zbrush, specifically the spine and pelvis as it started from a sculpt. By the time I decided I should have done a manual retopo I was so far along that I'd have had to redo an awful lot of work - at least several days worth. The mesh was working well enough in Poser that I couldn't take that kind of pain ;)

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 5:19 PM

Thanks! 138 body parts sounds like it was quite the project.

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2019 at 2:59 PM

by chance, do you have any plans to create a pose set for him?

caisson ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2019 at 1:00 PM

Not at the moment, I'm embarked on a couple of projects I want to try to finish before Halloween. Mort could really use a hooded robe, scythe and glowing eyes prop for a start :D

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2019 at 1:15 PM

yes, please!!! i'm just SOOOOO in love with him.

he works beautifully in P10, so i can only imagine, having been built for P11, just how much MORE wonderful he is in that iteration of Poser!

?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.