Sun, Oct 6, 8:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: I screwed up my PP11 U/I and can't get it back

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 11:10 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 12:11 PM

I know there is a way to fix this, I just can't figure it out.

I was resetting the U/I to 1.15, but inadvertently typed 1015 instead and the general preferences tab is covering the whole screen and I can't move it to change it back. I also can't select OK on the bottom of it, so I can't reset to factory.

How do I fix this screwup? I know about going into AppData and making changes there for the library, but will deleting the U/I pref files didn't fix it because Poser put them back as soon as I closed the program...

What a day. First my Wonder Woman build scene corrupted and crashes Poser, now this...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 11:24 AM

I was able to drag the general preferences tab up and see that the scale is 4.00, and I can't change it back. When I let go of the tab, it drops back down. I can't tab through the boxes and get any of my changes to take effect. When I type in 1.15, nothing happens. It stays at 4.00.

I really need help.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 11:26 AM

I even tried to adjust my display settings to see if I can get to that tab, but that didn't work. It still fills the whole screen. So does the splash screen...

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 11:56 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Dammit!

I reinstalled Poser, set up everything the way I wanted to, then I closed it and reopened it. It went back to the 4.00 scale!

This is pissing me off in ways I don't want to be pissed off. I hope someone can help me. I am losing my mind and about ready to dump the damn program all together.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 11:58 AM

Oh damn! I hope you don't have to re-install! I am dealing with my own corrupted prefs issue. Poser crashed-and now when I try to open it loads the default scene and crashes every time. I need to find the place in MacOS where the prefs and reg dta files are. Can't seem to find them. Are you on a Mac?

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 11:59 AM

I did reinstall. It went right back to the same thing.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 12:00 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I am going to reinstall it one more time, and not mess with the U/I scale. Maybe that will fix it and I will just have to squint a bit to see what I am doing. Better than dealing with this crap.

I even went so far as to delete the previous preferences and it still did this. WTF is going on with Poser???

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 12:10 PM

The value is in poser.ini. EXIT Poser. Edit the file UI_SCALE_FACTOR 1.000000

If you don't know where poser.ini is get a search tool that works. For Windows, the best is called "Everything" because it finds everything, unlike windows.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 12:11 PM

And a bit of advice. You should ALWAYS know you have an up to date backup of poser.ini before you change ANYTHING. If you don't, you're like riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Sure, you mostly don't need it but when you do the alternative is a head wound or death.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 12:12 PM

Thanks, BB. I do know where to find that file. And I have a pretty good text editor too. I will get right on that.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 12:17 PM · edited Sat, 06 July 2019 at 12:17 PM

Regarding: "I reinstalled Poser, set up everything the way I wanted to, then I closed it and reopened it. It went back to the 4.00 scale!"

Never try to change the setting IN THE FILE while Poser is open. When you close it, the last thing it does is REPLACE them.

Even installing while it is running will fail.

Poser reads poser.ini on startup, and writes it on termination. Anything you do with the file while Poser is running is a waste of time.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 12:19 PM

Ok, thanks. I will see what I can do. I hope I can fix this.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 12:54 PM

I am back in business. Thanks, BB! You are a god send.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 1:55 PM · edited Sat, 06 July 2019 at 1:58 PM

bagginsbill posted at 11:52AM Sat, 06 July 2019 - #4356220

And a bit of advice. You should ALWAYS know you have an up to date backup of poser.ini before you change ANYTHING. If you don't, you're like riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Sure, you mostly don't need it but when you do the alternative is a head wound or death.

Geez, BB! Intense analogy much!? ?

Is there an entry that can reinstall my ability to use the Poser library as well? I've been using the browser but may need to switch back to run a tutorial.

Pinging for knowledge POSER.INI

an0malaus ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 9:36 AM

quietrob posted at 12:27AM Mon, 08 July 2019 - #4356234

Is there an entry that can reinstall my ability to use the Poser library as well? I've been using the browser but may need to switch back to run a tutorial.

Here are various library related entries in POSER.INI (Poser Prefs on macOS) from my system, setup for the internal library, rather than external browser.

NO_LIBRARY 0

HTML_WINDOW_LOC 240 121 1097 643

HTML_WINDOW_ON 0

LIBRARY_EXTERNAL_CLIENT 0

What settings do you have for these?

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.