Sun, Oct 6, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser crashes

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 9:33 AM ยท edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 8:44 AM

I had this problem before and I don't remember how I fixed it: I will build a scene, work on the textures, do a render, save the scene as I go... Then the next time I attempt to open the scene Poser crashes.

I am not sure what is causing the problem. I am going to attempt to do something that will take a lot of time, but I think it will help me figure out what is going on: I will load the scene one object at a time, save it, close it, and then attempt to reopen and see what happens. If it's one of my props making the program crash I will have to take a close look at it and figure out why it's happening.

I don't think I am going beyond the capabilities of my computer or the program with a single figure and 6 dynamic clothing items, so that isn't the cause.

I have a feeling it's one of my props. In fact I can probably pick out the culprit right now. This is more of a rant that a search for answers. I am just frustrated with Poser right now between the U/I scaling issue and everything else that has been happening the last few days.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

an0malaus ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 9:42 AM

Can you verify whether the file is corrupted (i.e. has been truncated while saving) by looking to see that it ends with a close brace at the beginning of the last line?

If you're using Notepad++ it will automatically cope with compressed Poser scene .pzz files.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 10:01 AM

I can't now because I deleted that scene. It never occurred to me to open it in an editor and take a look at it. I wouldn't have known what to look for anyhow.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

an0malaus ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 10:58 AM

I have a particular clothing figure, made long ago, that occasionally causes Poser to throw a fit and explode vertices all over the place whenever a limb is bent. It doesn't crash Poser, but I certainly can't render the scene with that piece of clothing visible. Strangely, it doesn't occur every time. Just sometimes.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 1:20 PM

I am still thinking it's one of my props. I think it might be the suit. I am going to take it into Wings and see if I have any intersecting polys or isolated vertices. Sometimes this will cause problems, especially with a cloth sim. It might be causing the glitch in the scene.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 1:30 PM

As I suspected. There were some isolated vertices, and when I took it into Blender, I had about 900 duplicates. I removed them and I am going to try again to see if that was the issue.

an0malaus ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 1:05 AM

If you have success with that, It may be the path I need to take with my problem figure.

My ShareCG Stuff

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 7:24 AM

That was the problem. It was either the isolated verts or the duplicate polys. The scene isn't making Poser crash either way.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.