Sun, Oct 6, 6:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Just wondering ...

goldie ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2019 at 3:19 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:17 AM

Will future Poser updates also offer 32-bit versions?

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2019 at 4:13 PM

It's my understanding that the non pro versions of Poser have all been 32 bit.

I could be wrong....

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2019 at 4:20 PM

My professional (but obviously not insider) guess is going to probably be either "no" or "not for much longer."

It depends on the specifics of your question.

If you mean '...will the next version of Poser and etc have 32-bit compatibility?' Most likely no. Operating systems are starting to cut off support for 32-bit... well, 32-bit anything. MacOS is going to purge even emulation/compatibility for 32-bit applications/executables entirely, come their next version. Windows will likely have some sort of VM/HyperV-assisted emulation mode going for awhile, but that'll harm performance overall, and there's no telling for how long that'll be available, if they even bother offering it w/o charging a premium (read: "Pro" version) for that ability.

If you mean, '...will Poser continue offering patches for their 32-bit versions?' The answer is most likely 'Not much longer'. This of course all hangs on how many back-versions of Poser gets patch support from Rendo.

Perhaps it would help to ask in turn, specifically why you're asking?

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2019 at 1:02 AM

I am asking because I have a 32-bit machine, currently running PP11 latest update... I am currently looking into 64-bit machines--it's really a matter of what I can afford...retirement sort of crimps my style...

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2019 at 6:28 AM

If you are willing to lose some GPU capabilities ... you can get an AMD processor and Graphic machine for less than an Intel/NVidia and get 64 bit. That is the route I had to go and I can still use PP11 and Blender and ZBrush and well, you get the idea.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RobZhena ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2019 at 2:33 PM

There is only one version of Poser available now, which is Pro and 64 bit. This is clearly the model for the future, and Rendo has said elsewhere that it is purging all the remaining 32-bit lines of code from the forthcoming update for Mac OS. Surely the same will hold true for Windows.

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2019 at 2:57 PM

I do have the latest PP11 version and it is 32-bit...I am currently doing a little research on 64-bit machines. I also must go with an Invidia card. So I probably will have a 64-bit set-up by the time the next full new version of Poser appears. Hate to spend the money ATM, but such is life.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2019 at 11:22 PM

goldie posted at 10:19PM Fri, 16 August 2019 - #4359523

I do have the latest PP11 version and it is 32-bit...I am currently doing a little research on 64-bit machines. I also must go with an Invidia card. So I probably will have a 64-bit set-up by the time the next full new version of Poser appears. Hate to spend the money ATM, but such is life.

Buy a used machine. I recently sold my old i5 machine for $75 (no HD, no OS). Deals are out there, then just add your NVIDIA card. with GPU rendering you'll never care about the CPU speed. I suggest a machine that can handle 2 video cards.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2019 at 9:27 PM

I've had my refurbished HP dual Xeon monster for nearly three years now. Runs like a champ - and also runs everything. Got it cheap at Newegg from their refurb section.

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.