Sun, Oct 6, 8:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: DSON won't install

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2019 at 1:02 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 8:22 AM

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "DSON Importer for Poser (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Poser Pro 2014, Pro 2012 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

Ok... how do I fix this? I've been trying to install DSON for at least 3 versions of Poser with no luck.

Oh, and please walk me through this like you are teaching a 5 year old how to do it.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2019 at 5:02 AM

Never mind. I figured it out.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

an0malaus ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2019 at 8:00 AM

For the rest of us 5 year olds, can you explain what you did (assuming the reason it didn't work initially isn't too embarrasing)? I remember seeing another post like this some time ago on SM forums, but they never explained what had been wrong.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2019 at 8:24 AM · edited Mon, 19 August 2019 at 8:25 AM

You have to go into the settings (the gear at the top right of the main page of the DIM).

You will see a tab called "Applications". Click on that.

At the bottom left, you will see a + and - , click on the +. This will bring up an add application dialog with draw down menus. Just select Poser, 2014 Pro and 64 Bit (if you want 64 Bit, otherwise chose 32). Then go back and run the install for DSON. The next time you open Poser, it will work.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.