Mon, Aug 5, 6:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 8:13 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: question on poser reactivation

poisinivy ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 8:26 AM · edited Sun, 28 April 2024 at 5:11 PM

I got poser11 back last fall and I read that poser owners of poser 10 and up will need to re license their poser software. My question and i am sure many others who own poser have.

what if we like the poser set up we have and we don't want to sign up for early adopter? How can we get the license upgraded with out signing up for a early adopter upgrade license. https://www.renderosity.com/how-to-become-a-poser-11-2-early-adopter-cms-21693 Second question what if the purchase of poser was made through the renderosity web site in Fall of 2019 and my license resides in my rendo account , will i still need to re-validate my poser license then? , I understand poser is closing down( or expiring) their server that validates poser now so renderosity can take it over. So can someone please clarify this licensing issue . I would have never even know about re validation issue if someone didn't post about it at daz3d.comhttps://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/348421/hu-poser-10-and-up-validation#latest I didn't even get a news letter on this So when were we going to be notified on this? when we went to open poser and it stopped working? can some please explain the confusion because i had a hell of a time installing poser the first time ,and i don't want to go through all that crap again.

jennblake ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 9:59 AM

You do not have to be an early adopter. Your serial number will not change. We posted the same article here on the site. HERE and ALL installations will have to be reset to remove them from the SM registration servers and move them to ours. But that is not needed yet.

poisinivy ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 10:47 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2019 at 10:51 AM

Oh Okay, whew thanks for the info though tht was the same link i posted. The reason I asked is the last time I worked with a tec 3days & i had to install everything, including the installer in safe mode, jump threw a window, spin around 3 time while patting my tummy at the same time to finely get poser install, that is why i posted my question. if we were going to have to do another install for the license renewal.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.