Mon, Aug 5, 4:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 04 12:55 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: why do the venders keep changing their user name

poisinivy ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2019 at 9:44 AM · edited Tue, 16 July 2024 at 2:35 AM

This is a peav I got to get off my chest. Today I been trying to do some copyright right work & give credit to some of the venders here for the content i have used in a new animation I just released .

But it appears a large number of the venders here have changed their user name lately like Silver is now Jessaii, demonfox AKA Albert Alvarez now goes by Valezart . these were just a few out of about 15 I have encounters in this last project Karate girl animation

I have 2 reason for this rant. One as someone that likes to give credit for content used in my animated projects its VERY very difficult to do when the venders keep changing their names. because I can not find you.

Second . Not to mention when i need to reinstall or update a product in my content folders like i had to do this animation,. the venders name now does not match the original one I had installed early in my content and runtime folders giving me 2 diffrent names for the same product in the same locations its very confusing.

please venders keep your original names for the sake of our content folders. or send out a email to your customers stating you have changed your name so so we can removed old out dated data in out content folders. other wise things are going to get messy when it comes to maintaining our content folders names do matter.

Thank you for reading my rant. you can now go back your daily routine

Torquinox ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2019 at 2:34 PM

Agreed.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 7:23 PM

I asked about vendor name changes before and how are customers expected to read a crystal ball for what their name maybe this week. never got one single site mail about name changes every since 2003. I guess they do not want credits for their products

Klutz ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2019 at 5:08 AM

There has been a rash of this of late. As the OP says all I can see are negatives to this. It is quite difficult for customers to keep track of their favourite vendors. Why do it?

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Meshbox ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2019 at 1:28 AM

I changed ours to what it should have been, but really it was a matter of it not being convenient back in the day. But I was never really the 'vendor' but just the online rep for Meshbox Design.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2019 at 6:54 PM · edited Sat, 09 November 2019 at 6:59 PM

You could also just give the credit to the vendor under whose name you bought it at the time. In most cases, you're not even required by law to give credit. The U.S. considers credit as a "moral right".

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.