Sun, Oct 6, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser 11 Library Duplicates

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 4:38 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 11:00 PM

So one of the old SM updates (it was a content update) duplicated my PP11 runtime instead of overwriting it like it was supposed to. How do I get rid of the duplicates without having to manually go in and try to figure out which file is the updated one and deleting the other?

Screenshot: dupes.png

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 4:58 PM

The names wouldn't be the same for each file, meaning that you may have a compressed and uncompressed version of each item. Hover your mouse over each image until the pathway appears and note the type of file associated with it. In the case of the Character folder, you may see a CR2 and CRZ extension for each character file. That should give you the option which files to delete.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 5:00 PM

Also, go by the most recent date of your install.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 5:10 PM

Ok, thanks. I guess I am going to have to do it all manually. I better get started then. I want it done by the time I can install 11.2...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 5:18 PM

I just checked the folders and I don't have any duplicate files in the runtime folders, it's only the icons in Poser itself that are duplicated, and there is no pathway appearing when I hover over those. I don't know which one to delete now because I can't get the pathway to show up. Weird

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 5:20 PM

And apparently it's only Paul, Paul 2, Pauline and Pauline 2 that it affects...

willyb53 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 6:24 PM

Another thing to check: if there is both a .cr2 and a .crz you will get this, crz is a zipped cr2

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 6:28 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

First, try refreshing your library. I've had it show 2 of everything in a folder. I thought that bug was fixed, but I could be wrong. Something else you could try is running the uncompress (or compress if you'd rather) script in the utilities. Tell it to delete the original when it's done. Lastly, hovering doesn't always work. try right-clicking on one of the duplicates. You'll get an option to show it in explorer. Click on that to follow to the path where they're located.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 6:58 PM

I've had that occur occasionally in the past, no longer does it. Refresh as RedPhantom suggests, it might shock Poser back to normal.

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 7:10 PM

It happened to me, too, with the early adopter installer. The Mac installer gives you no options for how to handle the installation. It's all or nothing, and unless you manually save your prefs, they get overwritten. I just redo the pref settings every time so I have a clean install. We did get something changed in the default Mac prefs along the way, so there may be other changes, too.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 7:32 PM

Wow, I didn't realize there was a big difference between the 2 systems. I'm early-adopting on Windows 10 and on every install I just directed the installer to keep my previous settings. No major issues so far.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 6:06 AM

I have refreshed the folder, and it's still duplicated. I think it was an update that I may have installed wrong. It's only the Paul and Paula folders; character, pose, materials. I guess I will live with it. It's not really doing anything bad to the program or the library. And it's only the library icons. There are no duplicates in the folders themselves.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.