Sun, Oct 6, 8:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser 11.2: UNINSTALL before new install?

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:29 AM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 7:15 AM

So I see different people having issues with the new installation, and I was wondering?

Should I uninstall Poser 11 before I install 11.2?

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:33 AM

Depends really. If you use Wardrobe Wizard then you should just install on top of the old and not uninstall first. If you uninstall then you better to a full uninstall so you have a clean slate. Just backup your preference folder and your runtime before doing that.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:43 AM

I guess I don't need to uninstall. I am in the process of backing up my runtime. I will have to see what the new runtime will be labelled. If it's just Poser 11, I will have an issue.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:43 AM

I mean Poser 11 Content...

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 7:32 AM

Poser 11.2 will uninstall your previous version and remove anything that is Poser related. Anything that you installed manually from downloads or created yourself will be untouched.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 7:39 AM

I will backup my runtime anyhow. Just to be certain. I have all the Poser legacy stuff in my Poser 9 and 10 runtimes anyhow. So I have at least 3 versions of that on my hard drive. I am not going to install the legacy stuff.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 10:31 AM

I installed without a hitch. My runtimes were all there in the librarry, my preferences remained the same... the only thing I have to do now is spend a couple days installing all that new content, plus about 35 items I downloaded and got too lazy to install... Poser is going to be fun again!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.