Mon, Jul 8, 6:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 06 8:32 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Hivewire3d Special Content

shonsu ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 11:28 AM ยท edited Fri, 28 June 2024 at 5:46 AM

Hi - The added Hivewire3d Content is great. However, when I attempt to load the Gorilla, it wants dusk.pmd file which I can't locate and therefore the character doesn't appear. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 11:38 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2019 at 11:39 AM

Yes it is pointed to Dusk.pmd and also Dusk.obj that does not excist. One need to redirect the cr2 file so that it points to DuskSE.pmd and DuskSE.obj

HW is aware of the issue.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 12:15 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2019 at 12:19 PM

Well, if you own the original release of Dusk directly from Hivewire, those files do exist. They just didn't bother to either include them or modify the Dusk gorilla files.

Edit: Thinking back, the Poser release is for Dusk SE, so there would be no reason to include the Dusk PMD and Obj files.

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 12:20 PM

The DuskSE files excist already.in the folder.

Join PoserLounge Chat

shonsu ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 11:43 AM

The Duskse files I found but the the character gorilla wants the dusk.pmd file. I don't have the original Dusk character. It is possible to open the file with a editing app and change the name to the DuskSe file?

ghostman ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 12:15 PM

Yes it is. I used PFE for that.

Join PoserLounge Chat

ghostman ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 12:18 PM

The gorilla was released before DuskSE so it only needed Dusk.pmd then. Thats where they kinda missed out and forgot. An easy fix though.

Join PoserLounge Chat

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 1:48 PM

Yes, I haven't used either of the Gorillas lately, but I just tried, and it does ask for the Dusk.pmd. I just selected my DuskSE.pmd, and it worked just fine.

Needless to say, I'll be editing both to update the references to DuskSE.pmd and DuskSE.obj for both.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

shonsu ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 11:23 AM

I used EditPad Lite to replace the pmd and obj. with with DuskSE format. The gorilla has successfully loaded! Thanks for all the tips.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 8:17 PM

Sorry, folks.

As Ghostman noted, the Gorilla came out prior to Dusk SE, and I guess people who had Dusk SE and the Gorilla ALSO had the original Dusk installed, so no one ever reported errors - thus we didn't know about it at HiveWire to fix it.

We fixed the files. Those who bought the Gorilla from HiveWire can just re-download it from their accounts, and I believe the Poser zip has been updated as well now.

Thanks to Ghostman for alerting me about this :).

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

shonsu ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 12:01 AM

Hi - Will the updated Gorilla file be added to the 11.1 Content. I downloaded the files but the changes haven't been made and now I'm back to square on.

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 10:09 AM

I'm sure they will, but I can't speak to when Renderosity will update the files.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

structure ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 11:28 AM ยท edited Thu, 26 September 2019 at 11:28 AM
Forum Coordinator

The files are in the process of being updated right now. They will be uploaded in the next couple of days.

Locked Out

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.