Sun, Oct 6, 6:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: A Tail Of Woe (pun very much intended)

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 1:08 PM

EClark1894 posted at 11:00AM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364020

The point I was making is that figures at that time, were made to work with that selection. Starting with Daz figures Vicky 2 and on, they stopped. If you still have an older version of Poser on your computer, you can always use The Figure Height selection in that version.

Essentially, what you are saying is that I should an old version of Poser. That is not the best idea I've heard. Still, I'm the one that continued the digression. Proper as we shouldn't let the topic suppress other ideas and opinions.

Let's get back to the fun of this thread by returning to the topic. I believe M2 needed a pint!

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 1:10 PM

quietrob posted at 11:09AM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364076

The point I was making is that figures at that time, were made to work with that selection. Starting with Daz figures Vicky 2 and on, they stopped. If you still have an older version of Poser on your computer, you can always use The Figure Height selection in that version.

Essentially, what you are saying is that I should use an old version of Poser. That is not the best idea I've heard. Still, I'm the one that continued the digression. Proper as we shouldn't let the topic suppress other ideas and opinions.

Let's get back to the fun of this thread by returning to the topic. I believe M2 needed a pint! (I think that's what they call it across the pond).

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 2:33 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2019 at 2:33 PM

I gotta say this thread is serving as a way for me to learn more slangs in english for penises than I needed to know. 😂

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 4:02 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 10:00PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364086

I gotta say this thread is serving as a way for me to learn more slangs in english for penises than I needed to know. 😂

I know quite a lot more, too. 😁

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 4:07 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2019 at 4:07 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

quietrob posted at 10:03PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364078

Essentially, what you are saying is that I should use an old version of Poser. That is not the best idea I've heard. Still, I'm the one that continued the digression. Proper as we shouldn't let the topic suppress other ideas and opinions.

Let's get back to the fun of this thread by returning to the topic. I believe M2 needed a pint! (I think that's what they call it across the pond).

Not quite. A pint would be our traditional measure of beer. Significantly larger than the US version, ours clocks in at around 568 ml, as opposed to your paltry 473 ml.

What poor old Mike was missing was his crown jewels, 3 piece suite, wedding tackle, willy, knob, prick, todger, etc...

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 4:16 PM

Reminds of that Monty Python classic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPkzkV1icWY

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 4:47 PM

randym77 posted at 10:47PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364098

😂

My Store

My Gallery

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 5:12 PM

SamTherapy posted at 3:06PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364096

Not quite. A pint would be our traditional measure of beer. Significantly larger than the US version, ours clocks in at around 568 ml, as opposed to your paltry 473 ml.

What poor old Mike was missing was his crown jewels, 3 piece suite, wedding tackle, willy, knob, prick, todger, etc...

3 piece suite? Oh I am totally using that one when my exam comes up next week! I'd never heard of that one but I expect no less from the home of Shakespeare! Well said!

I'd ask for the extra 105 ml the next time I visit Hooters or Wild Wings but unless they studied, no real American knows what a milliliter is! 😁

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 5:14 PM

randym77 posted at 3:13PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364098

I'd give it a like but thumbs up seems more appropriate! 😀

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 5:16 PM

Nerd 3D has a product at Hivewire that uses geometry switching to simulate drops of water falling. Will that no longer work in the new Poser?

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 5:33 PM

Wedding tackle.

I'm so done. 😂

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 5:46 PM

quietrob posted at 6:45PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364078

Not really what I was saying at all, but if it works for you...

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 6:09 PM

EClark1894 posted at 4:08PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364110

quietrob posted at 6:45PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364078

Not really what I was saying at all, but if it works for you...

The last word is yours, Earl. Check your Site mail.

samsiahaija ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 1:14 PM

I'm a bit confused. I upgraded my Poser 11 Standard to Pro by installing the new version on top of the old one. I can still frustrate my Mike by switching his willy on and of whenever he misbehaves. Can punish him even more by turning him into a very ugly looking juvenile. Turns good ole' Mike into a very meek and cooperative bloke.

Point is; both functions are still in my figure menu and working as they were intended to.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 1:42 PM

samsiahaija posted at 7:41PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364195

I'm a bit confused. I upgraded my Poser 11 Standard to Pro by installing the new version on top of the old one. I can still frustrate my Mike by switching his willy on and of whenever he misbehaves. Can punish him even more by turning him into a very ugly looking juvenile. Turns good ole' Mike into a very meek and cooperative bloke.

Point is; both functions are still in my figure menu and working as they were intended to.

Poser 11.2? The Bondware version? If so, that's odd, unless they sneaked out another release with it restored.

My Store

My Gallery

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:00 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:08 PM

I just opened it up and told it to check for updates. Sure enough, it says that there's a newer version available. Think I'll see what it does.

Just noticed the date on file is Sept. 23, so maybe not today-recent but still newer than the one from upgrade day.

samsiahaija ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:09 PM

I downloaded and installed September the 19th.

Here's a screenshot:

P11Desktop.png

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:10 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:16 PM

SamTherapy posted at 11:59AM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364198

samsiahaija posted at 7:41PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364195

Poser 11.2? The Bondware version? If so, that's odd, unless they sneaked out another release with it restored.

Hmm, I was a juvenile, not pretty, so I'm glad the parentals didn't have that switch too! 😄

@Samisiahaija. I think there has been other changes to the FIGURES menu as well. They might have been there for all I know. Like the lock hands selection. I don't remember that being there. It might've been there all along and I just didn't notice it. The wife bought me Poser Pro 11 (PP11 ) Upgrade from Poser 9 as a gift. Maybe that's the only version that's affected? All I know is that Sam T. EClark and Me all don't have it and you do. There is the proof right there! How did ya do that? Perhaps they did sneak a new version. Can't blame them after the Servers being strained last time. Gradual is the best way. Just ease it in. Bit by bit.

Are you on a Mac?

samsiahaija ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:15 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:19 PM

I didn't do a thing. I installed PPro 11.2 over my Poser Standard 11.1. And this is what it turned out like.

Only thing I did after that was installing Snarlygribbly's Python fix to get Reality running again. That fix restores older Python scripts. Maybe that did the trick?

I'm on a Windows 7 Pro 64 PC by the way.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:17 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:19 PM

I don't have figure height nor genitalia in my menu and I have a more recent build 11.2.286. And I also overlaid current version to my original 11.1 install.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:34 PM

Well, blinking flip!

My Store

My Gallery

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:39 PM

I also downloaded on the 19th and my Figure menu does not look like that. Did not see Genitals until I input the bit of code Snarlygribbly mentioned a few posts up the thread.

samsiahaija ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 3:03 PM

The one thing I did in my Poser installation was installing the Python fix by Snarlygribbly... Even makes EZSkin 2 and EZ Mat work in Poser 11.2

You might try that...

Top of the page:

https://www.poserlounge.nl/PLWP/

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 3:11 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2019 at 3:14 PM

So I just installed the update and my Poser 11 Pro is version 11.2.218. There is no change at all in my Figure menu but I see from that screencap above it is version 11.2.272 that has the Genitalia and Figure Height included. I loaded up Mike 2 from my old P7 runtime and he appeared in all his glory -- guess that bit of Python code is still working -- but there's no way to tuck it back without a gaping hole appearing in his hip. Which will play merry hell with some of the outfits I have for him as they depend on that switch properly working. True, it's been donkey's ages since I last rendered an M2 either clothed or nekkid but I'd still like to have that option.

Just noticed the previous reply. Thanks, installing that fix now.

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 3:37 PM

Got the AVFix script, installed it where it says and nope, still no change in my Figure menu options. Mikes tackle still shows on loading and still can't be hidden correctly. Looks like I'll have to keep him away from Poser 11 or he'll have a breakdown.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 3:54 PM

Ditto. Just tried both scripts again and no change in the menu.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 4:20 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2019 at 4:20 PM

Same here, no change.

Boo and hoo. :(

My Store

My Gallery

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 5:00 PM

Facts: Byrdie, SamT, hborre and I are all missing the same thing.
samsiahaija is using version 2.72. He then installed Snarly's fix.

Going forward. I don't know about the rest of you blokes but I am at the same version as samsiahaija. Windows 10. My wedding tackle switch works but I don't have the figure height and genitalia on my Figure Menu. I trust Snarlygribbly. I have my own FBX import issues that I'm working on but I'll give it a shot tonight.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 5:05 PM

Funny thing, the topics under discussion, Figure Height and Genitalia, are still covered in the manual. Someone screwed up royally.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 5:18 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2019 at 5:19 PM

My AVFix is not a panacea for all problems :) It is intended to address a specific reason for certain scripts failing, specifically where they rely upon the old Poser version format (xx.x.x.xxxxx) used by SM, now changed to xx.x.xxx by Bondware. AVFix simply tricks Poser into reporting its version number in the old format. It won't fix any other problems!

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 5:23 PM

hborre posted at 5:22PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364254

Funny thing, the topics under discussion, Figure Height and Genitalia, are still covered in the manual. Someone screwed up royally.

I don't think they updated the manual at all. It still has a section on Wardrobe Wizard.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 5:35 PM

I didn't expect it to be a fix-all for the final Poser scripting; someone just simply botched the script under the assumption that those particular codes were not working or useless, not taking under consideration that there are still content that is keyed into the old method. I'm puzzled that no administrator has chimed in yet to address the issue. Sure, we could file a support ticket which I'm sure has already been done, but I think we need some reassurance that someone is looking into it and we might have a fix soon.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 5:36 PM

So… you guys got me interested in this topic, so had a little play with a text editor.

Anyway, look what I have now :-D

haha.jpg

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 5:50 PM

You can have fun with this :)

haha2.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 5:52 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2019 at 5:54 PM

Now we're talking! Do we have an on/off switch that has been toggled into the off position in the final version? Need to find out what Snarly really is.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 6:14 PM

My question is, once the Genitals are enabled with your code input, what's the code to disable 'em. There are times when it's handy to have a Mike 2 sans wedding tackle, but without a great big hole in his groin.

Again, I could edit the Cr2 but it'd be more convenient to have it available from the menu.

My Store

My Gallery

samsiahaija ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 6:35 PM

Snarlygribbly posted at 6:34PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364264

You can have fun with this :)

haha2.jpg

The Willy Switch.

Enables you to free Willy.

This thread gives me the Willies....

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 6:44 PM

SamTherapy posted at 12:43AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364270

My question is, once the Genitals are enabled with your code input, what's the code to disable 'em. There are times when it's handy to have a Mike 2 sans wedding tackle, but without a great big hole in his groin.

The code is a toggle. Just enter the very same code again to switch it back off. Ad infinitum :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 6:49 PM

Aha! Said Alan Partridge. :)

Cheers, mate.

My Store

My Gallery

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 12:59 PM

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that code handy and apply as necessary. My Windows version is 7 Pro -- got Windows 10 Home on my laptop and I hate it! -- and my PoserPro installation was a fresh one since the old Smith Micro install died with my last hard drive. Maybe that makes a difference in what the Figures Menu shows?

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 1:28 PM

hborre posted at 2:26PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364210

I don't have figure height nor genitalia in my menu and I have a more recent build 11.2.286. And I also overlaid current version to my original 11.1 install.

I don't have the Figure Height list either with the .286 update I downloaded yesterday, and I never thought to look with the .274 update I downloaded on 9/19/19, so don't know if it was there then, or not.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

samsiahaija ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 3:25 AM

I updated to the 11.2.286 build and still have both the genital switch and the figure height tools. Whatever is causing the disappearances, it is not the version number. I'm still baffled as to why my Poser is unaffected.

(At the other hand, I'm the one with the mysterious disappearing and reappearing renders in my render cache.)

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 4:54 AM

samsiahaija posted at 10:50AM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364534

I updated to the 11.2.286 build and still have both the genital switch and the figure height tools. Whatever is causing the disappearances, it is not the version number. I'm still baffled as to why my Poser is unaffected.

(At the other hand, I'm the one with the mysterious disappearing and reappearing renders in my render cache.)

The Poser menu is defined in a simple text file. Perhaps it is not being overwritten by the installer unless you uninstall the existing Poser first? I edited the text file on my system to add back in the missing menu options, and had some fun changing the menu text at the same time, as shown in a previous post. I don't know why the menus were changed for 11.2, but that it is easy to change them back is enough for me :)

samsiahaija ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 5:22 AM

@snarlygribbly: I have installed two consecutive updates of Poser 11.2 and uninstalled my previous versions at both occasions. The cause must be something else.....

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 7:03 AM

Snarlygribbly posted at 5:00AM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364536

samsiahaija posted at 10:50AM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364534

The Poser menu is defined in a simple text file. Perhaps it is not being overwritten by the installer unless you uninstall the existing Poser first? I edited the text file on my system to add back in the missing menu options, and had some fun changing the menu text at the same time, as shown in a previous post. I don't know why the menus were changed for 11.2, but that it is easy to change them back is enough for me :)

Waitaminnit! Are you saying that you also have the menu options back? Can you show how to do that? At least point me in the right direction?

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 7:20 AM

quietrob posted at 1:17PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364544

Snarlygribbly posted at 5:00AM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364536

Waitaminnit! Are you saying that you also have the menu options back? Can you show how to do that? At least point me in the right direction?

Runtime:ui:Poser.xrc

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 8:44 AM

Thanks Snarly! I'll try it as soon as I get home! And thanks for clearing up the misconceptions of what your scripts can and can't do. Mucho appreciated, bro!

structure ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 10:40 AM · edited Sat, 28 September 2019 at 10:58 AM
Forum Coordinator

and for those of you uncomfortable with editing the file

I have put 2 scripts in freestuff for you.

The genitals and figure height options have been removed, since these will be unsupported going forward. Both functions are considered obsolete they will not be making an official return. For now you can edit the xrc file or use my scripts I make no guarantee as to their efficacy in future updates.

Locked Out

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 12:25 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2019 at 12:29 PM

structure posted at 6:22PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364567

and for those of you uncomfortable with editing the file

I have put 2 scripts in freestuff for you.

The genitals and figure height options have been removed, since these will be unsupported going forward. Both functions are considered obsolete they will not be making an official return. For now you can edit the xrc file or use my scripts I make no guarantee as to their efficacy in future updates.

You might want to check the figure height script. The user is asked "What height do toy want?", and you've left in the willy toggle so James flashes his bits when you try to change his height :-D Edit: Also, you use the wx.SingleChoiceDialog without importing wx first, so it errors (if no other script has imported wx first). "NameError: global name 'wx' is not defined" is the error displayed.

structure ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 12:40 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2019 at 12:49 PM
Forum Coordinator

lol oops - checking it now - Thanks Snarly!

Edited - and uploaded

Locked Out

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.