Sun, Oct 6, 6:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: More Render Settings weirdness

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2019 at 11:02 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 6:36 AM

I have had my render settings fixed to render over Black, with Displacement Bounds set to 1. I've never had this saved as a preset, ever.

For some reason now, these preferences are returned to default after a New.

Haven't tried saving as a preset - yet - but it's an annoyance anyhow.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 2:15 AM

Sorry, Sam. The slow horse arrives again. Are you talking about the diffuse channel color? Did this come up as a default? Is the word after New "Scene"?

Oh and I can take a joke. 😉

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 3:18 AM

Nah, mate. Render settings. Render over...

You have a choice of Current BG Shader, Black and some other stuff. I have mine set to Black by default since BB educated me on it, and why it's the best option for exporting PNG when you render an object without an environment.

I also have my Displacement bounds set to 1 by default, since I use it a lot.

When I go File... New, these settings are lost. They used to stay before 11.2, and that's without saving a preset, just using "Save Settings".

My Store

My Gallery

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 12:03 PM

On the General Preferences/Interface tab, do you launch to Previous State or to Factory State? That might make a difference.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 12:22 PM

Previous state, having set up everything - including render settings - as I like.

My Store

My Gallery

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 12:49 PM

That's all I have. Good luck. I have my own funky mag zone problem.

SamTherapy posted at 12:48PM Wed, 09 October 2019 - #4366515

Previous state, having set up everything - including render settings - as I like.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.