Wed, Sep 18, 10:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 2:37 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Adjusting hair

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2019 at 3:24 PM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 7:51 AM

Hello guys,

As a new user, I have just chosen Roxie Hair for my Business Woman and I'm trying to adjust it to her head. I have the 2 upper pull downs set on Roxie Hair/ Body and the Scale and Rotate wheels work on the Parameters tab but the Tran wheels don't. I'm trying to get the hair to move forward on the model's head without changing shape. Just move forward. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Also, do I need to "Conform" the hair to the figure by using Figure/Conform To?

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2019 at 6:05 PM · edited Wed, 23 October 2019 at 6:06 PM

Conforming the hairpiece is all you need to do to get it to sit correctly on Roxie, no need to make any parameter adjustments. Now, I am assuming that you are using Roxie as your Business Woman. Once hair is conformed to the figure, the trans dials will not work. Any morph adjustments must be made by selecting the head part of the hair figure then using the parameter dials to set the builtin morphs.

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2019 at 12:58 PM

hborre posted at 12:54PM Wed, 04 December 2019 - #4368151

Conforming the hairpiece is all you need to do to get it to sit correctly on Roxie, no need to make any parameter adjustments. Now, I am assuming that you are using Roxie as your Business Woman. Once hair is conformed to the figure, the trans dials will not work. Any morph adjustments must be made by selecting the head part of the hair figure then using the parameter dials to set the built in morphs.

Conforming hair USUALLY fits perfectly well, especially if it's made for the figure on which you are using it. However, this is not always true if you are using a lot of character morphs to change the general shape of the head.

First, load both the hair and Roxie in the scene. Then click on the hair and under the "Figure" menu, select "Conform." It should snap into place and fit perfectly. To be sure that it worked, try bending her neck and see if the hair moves with the head.

If it still doesn't work, I suggest you switch to parenting the hair to the head. This is a little more complicated, so you should probably go watch a youtube video that can take you through the process, setp-by-step.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.