Tue, Oct 1, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: exiles

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2019 at 11:47 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:14 PM

looks like I cannot post on another forum without constantly being moderated for trying to help people, I hope I don't upset anyone here but since some of those removed posts and emails pertained to my referring to Renderosity products even without links and the majority of them a result of discussing Misty's Carrara presets sold here and moderation about it I may be OK.

its odd though the owners of Carrara want to hinder people using their later content

Honestly I am better shopping here too anyway

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Sueposer ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2019 at 11:55 AM

Yes, the other place has their plans (nothing wrong with that), but they think they have to maintain all this big secrecy and disconnect from the rest of the community. "Corporate think" has them in thrall.

Steve K. ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2019 at 2:22 PM

Fun video, I have to agree with the sentiment. I have yet to find a 3D animation product that can do what Carrara does for me - seamless Poser content loading, Clips/NLA for easy animation, enough modelling to let me (not a modeler) hack at purchased models, lots of lighting options/effects, etc. I won a copy of Lightwave in a recent Rendo contest, and don't use it. A good program I've used in the past, but Carrara fits my needs much better.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2019 at 7:57 AM

is kinda absurd to try to sell carrara's value to it's owners

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2019 at 11:36 AM

I love CARRARA, but Daz is indeed a somewhat strange company.

Seems more to me that they bought the program to keep it from the hands of others and to bury it.

Steve K. ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2019 at 1:06 PM

galaxiefilm posted at 1:04PM Fri, 25 October 2019 - #4368296

I love CARRARA, but Daz is indeed a somewhat strange company.

Seems more to me that they bought the program to keep it from the hands of others and to bury it.

I think so. In particular, there was a report way back that DAZ did not want the owner of Poser at the time to get Carrara. So it was a defensive move, with little or no plan to develop Carrara, which BTW is a wonderful companion program for Poser. Or vica versa, your choice.

cjd ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2019 at 1:40 PM

Sueposer posted at 1:30PM Fri, 25 October 2019 - #4368214

Yes, the other place has their plans (nothing wrong with that), but they think they have to maintain all this big secrecy and disconnect from the rest of the community. "Corporate think" has them in thrall.

They are shooting themselves in the foot and it's not like there hasn't been enough communication/feedback from the community to make them aware of that. Having seen this in many small organizations, its not the company as a whole, its an individual with no accountability in a very high place.

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2019 at 4:13 PM

Metacreations originally intended for Poser and Carrara (RayDream Studio) to be companion programs.

I have never really forgiven Kai Krause for selling them all off -- but I absolutely loved his "artist-logical" interface designs.

And yes, Steve, Lightwave has always been more hacker-friendly than artist-friendly -- which is why I still prefer Carrara too.

And, if one is looking for Carrara tutorials, nothing beats Phil Wilkes' Infinite Skills discs. And I have never found anything on Lightware that even comes close.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 9:42 AM

i'm being deleted left and right over there, they overcharged me, more than double my cart.

of course i jumping up and down and complaining. filed a complaint at BBB.org i will not go quietly into the night, after they've ripped me off over a hundred bux

that'll teach me.

never happens here. always get charged just what the cart says!!!

saw someone else also filed complaint on the cart over charge issue. mebbe with 2 complaints on same thing BBB will do something. if nothing else the bbb rating will go down, is at B- right now.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 11:38 AM

Bless your heart, MLC!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 1:28 PM

learned cuz i used mastercard was able to report overcharge practices to master card

MasterCard Phone Number: 1-800-MASTERCARD (International: 1-636-722-7111) Or can also call the number on the back of your card.

Steve K. ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 2:41 PM

MistyLaraCarrara posted at 2:39PM Sat, 02 November 2019 - #4368988

learned cuz i used mastercard was able to report overcharge practices to master card

Yes, I have done a similar thing for other companies with Discover, they have always stood behind me.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 5:05 PM

it has happened to so many they really do need to fix it

I initially had some sympathy and thought it was PayPal but you used a credit card

they certainly are not addressing the issue and making buying store credit simpler

the actions of the mods this past month has also helped me keep my resolve to not cave and join PC+ and buy more stuff, I have far too much already.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Steve K. ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 7:18 PM

wendyvainity posted at 7:13PM Sat, 02 November 2019 - #4369005

I initially had some sympathy and thought it was PayPal but you used a credit card

I had a poor experience with Paypal long ago when they did not feel obligated to deal with a fraudulent seller. To this day I refuse to use it. If I can't use Discover (or in a pinch Visa), I don't purchase.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 11:11 PM

wendy's post and my reply to it both gone

i filed a complaint with ftc mebbe they can telll them to fix the over charge glitches

i should d/l all my stuff in case i get banned.

bbb replied they will contact the company.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2019 at 11:52 AM

so many of my posts disappear, I had 5 in one day last week and at least one every other day

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2019 at 10:21 AM

and there is no obvious reason for many of them

i thought they were trying to hush up the cart glitches, but some of wendy's gone posts seemed pretty harmless.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2019 at 10:26 AM

it's not what you post but who you are

the DAZ forum moderation team dislike me

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2019 at 10:28 AM

I just replied to post about warts on the foot on the Epic Games forum though

I recommended a condy's crystals foot bath soak

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 10:58 AM

i have bone gnomes in my feet. owwwww lill buggers

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2019 at 12:59 PM

they are threatening to pre-approve my posts now

i was modded for suggesting Poser to someone looking for other DAZ compatible programs

then again for asking are we not allowed to suggest Poser to people now?

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Wonga ( ) posted Fri, 15 November 2019 at 2:02 AM
MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 15 November 2019 at 7:47 AM

trombones 😺

cheering up therapy

rubber duckies https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?search=duck

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.