Wed, Sep 18, 10:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:42 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: 2 questions about interchangeability of clothing with human figures

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2019 at 6:11 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

Hello,

I am relatively new to Poser and use it to generate obj's of human figures with hair and clothing in specific poses for use on 3d models of film sets. I have two questions to ask about Poser:

1. There are several human figures (people) that are already built in to Poser and when you look in the Clothing library, there is clothing specifically for them. Is clothing that is NOT specifically for them also compatible for any other person -- or are you limited to clothing that's specifically for that person?

and 2) When I buy a person like Dawn from Hivewire -- can I use the clothing that's already in Poser on her or do I also have to buy Dawn's clothing from Hivewire?

Your assistance with this would really be appreciated.

Thank you.

Nails60 ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2019 at 6:04 AM

Simple answer, all clothing is designed for a specific figure and will only work for that figure in poser. Any extra figures you buy cannot use clothing for other figures but must use clothing designed for that figure.

It is possible to convert clothing from one figure to another, Poser has the fitting room, there are tutorials on this around, and Evilinnocence has a utility program, crossdresser, that can also be used. The program is free but you have to buy a licence for the figure you want to convert to, these cost about 10usd. You can buy the licence for LaFemme here at Rendo, the program and other licences are available at Evilinnocences site. I personally rarely convert clothing as for me at least conversions often don't work as well as the original.

One further point, if you downloaded the free content that now comes with poser 11.2 (you need to enter your serial number on the same page from which you downloaded poser 11.2) you get Dawn, and other Hivewire figures free so don't need to buy them, together with some clothing for Dawn.

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2019 at 7:15 AM

Interesting. Thank you.

What about "Morphs" Nails60? What if you want a completely different kind of figure like a "short and fat" person or very tall person, would you use the figures that come with Poser and apply a "morph"?

Nails60 ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 7:08 AM

Yes, you can use morphs to change the look of a figure. The extent to which this can be done depends on the figure. Most of the figures that come with poser have the morphs "built in", ie when you load the figure you can adjust the morphs in the parameters window. Some figures such as Dawn require you "inject" the morphs, this is a pose file you apply to the figure. You can purchase extra morph packages for some figures such as LaFemme and Dawn/Dusk.

I'd suggest you just have a play with poser, then post a thread in one of the other poser boards (new users etc) when you have specific questions.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.