Wed, Sep 18, 11:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Where are the Poser 11.2 Release Notes?

willdial ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2019 at 10:36 PM ยท edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 7:29 AM

From what I can tell, there have been three releases of Poser 11.2 (272, 289, 307). However, I cannot find the release notes for these releases. Are these posted some where?

A lifetime of bad updates has left me very update shy. I would like to know what's being changed with each update.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 12:49 AM

I've been asking about any type of updates notes from beta releases to now and the answer seems to be that there are none. Unless I've missed it, not a single thing has been mentioned besides the addition of the Rendo store integration.

If Bondware wants to show off an improved Poser, they're making it one helluva difficult task since we have no idea WTF is being improved. :/

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 4:31 AM

I do know that Bondware announced the changes and bug fixes in an article about why you should update to Poser 11.2. In fact, if you go to my directory News page you can read the announcement, main changes and what the bug fixes were.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 6:55 AM
Online Now!

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2938482

movida ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 7:00 AM

I'd like release notes also

gate ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 9:33 AM ยท edited Tue, 29 October 2019 at 9:54 AM

LOL it is just like if the Doc tell you ( Take that Pill It is good for ya ) but you will never know what it is and what it was for. Just go with the hope that the side effects are not to heavy.

If you ask they will say ( Trust us we do our best )

edited to remove offensive image

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 9:48 AM
Online Now!

I'm not quite sure: why do you always have to assume ill intent? Just curious. What did Renderosity/ Bondware do in the past that makes you think they are out to get their users, strip them their money, install malware, mess up their computer, whatever?

While I confess I'd really like to see more on release notes and more detailed communication on other places than this forum ( here I don't think anything else but sticky notes would work, and even that only gets to a percentage of users of the software who glances at this forum), there are ways to express your opinion in a bit more constructive way that does not come across like a perpetually jaded, cynical, negative, nothing-is-good person's. Unless you are intent on doing that purposefully, in which case, with all due respect, I got an ignore button because I don't need this much negativity in my life.

structure ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 9:59 AM ยท edited Tue, 29 October 2019 at 10:06 AM
Forum Coordinator

@gate, if you take a pill and you do not know what it is or what it is for, then you must really trust your doctor... (leaving the obvious part unsaid)

Locked Out

jennblake ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 10:00 AM

@Rhia474...thank you. Well said.

For the release notes. This release/update was mainly just to put all of the license/registrations on our new license server to that when SM shut those down everyone's software could continue to work. It was not a NEW version and not much was changed. We did address a few bugs as we found them and tried to clean up the links to no longer active sites...those sorts of things. But nothing MAJOR changed or was added to the software itself as functionality. This was simply an update to change the licensing information within the software and how that worked. AND to "brand" the software with Bondware as much as possible. We know there are some areas that still mention SM and we are working on that.

our next full VERSION release will be well documented and have release notes as expected. Also, please take into account this is all NEW to us and our team. We are a small team that saw the value in Poser and didn't want that to go away. We took the job on and we knew it would be a climb...but we feel we are facing the challenges as they appear and honestly I think we have been successful in doing what we have set out to do thus far. We have lists of things we want to do for the future, and future versions. Please just give us a little time to get our "DEV" feet under us. We have some great people on the team, and I fully believe those who use Poser will be happy with what is coming up!

Right now we just need a little patience from everyone, and if you have suggestions, requests, bug reports...send them to me at jennblake@renderosity.com OR file an issue report by using the support system HERE

gate ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 12:18 PM ยท edited Tue, 29 October 2019 at 12:19 PM

@ Rhia474 Actually there is nothing in the past that I would have to claim they would of mistaken concerning the rent of store space for Vendors and Artists. and I hope that it will stay that way, the way things seem after the overtake is sure leading to force People who bought Poser 11 to accept it or Leave it but it should not really be that way !

@jennblake Sure I believe that you are working hard on the next on future Versions and Next release, and there is no doubt that all will be ok ( There must sure be a Plan for such an Investment ) It naturally leaves the doubt now even a little more about Poser 11, will you then also say ---- > Update <----- or your Poser will not work any longer forcing then again users to upgrade the next level and just drop Poser 11 ( Well sorry we do not support the activation server any Longer ) If you really Plan to be honest and having a new Poser Version so why do you keep the activation still as strict , unless this belongs to a Plan.

It is understandable that People ask questions as the Updates are Heavy ( Full uninstall and reinstall ) Little changes are normally in little files and not ask for a full reinstall of the software! 3-4 Updates that require a full install are allot when it is said "But nothing MAJOR changed or was added to the software itself as functionality" .

gate ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 1:17 PM ยท edited Tue, 29 October 2019 at 1:19 PM

One question ? Why is reality and truth offensive ? Is it so hard to handle it that we have to look away or that it needs to be removed to live in Lies ?

Make a better World by making believe that it is all Good

structure ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 1:52 PM
Forum Coordinator

gate posted at 6:51PM Tue, 29 October 2019 - #4368616

One question ? Why is reality and truth offensive ? Is it so hard to handle it that we have to look away or that it needs to be removed to live in Lies ?

I'm sorry, using pictures of tortured, suffering animals to illustrate your point IS offensive, in poor taste and shows a lack of good judgement.

Locked Out

cspear ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 2:03 PM

Get a grip folks.

Release notes are absolutely standard, they just list the changes - fixes, additions and removals - since the last version. They really should be available for each new version, if for no other reason than it might help a user decide if it's worth installing a particular update. Asking for release notes is not accusing the developer of incompetence, fraud, or whatever.

So yes please Bondware, please tell us what changes are in each version, and put these or a link to them next to the download button.

Thanks!

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 2:04 PM

structure posted at 3:02PM Tue, 29 October 2019 - #4368622

gate posted at 6:51PM Tue, 29 October 2019 - #4368616

I'm sorry, using pictures of tortured, suffering animals to illustrate your point IS offensive, in poor taste and shows a lack of good judgement.

Some people are simply "negative nellies" and Bondware/Renderosity could have had a completely error free update and they'd still find something to complain about. Incessantly.

If all they have to whine about is the lack of release notes, you're doing great. Let 'em whine.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 2:27 PM

Oh, for the luv of ...ducks! Here.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 2:29 PM ยท edited Tue, 29 October 2019 at 2:29 PM
Online Now!

Let me repeat, in case it got lost in the noise. This was sufficient for me, but I am not a computer nerd, an absolute completionist, or a negative person.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2938482

https://www.renderosity.com/the-day-has-come-poser-pro-11-2-update-has-been-released-cms-21781

gate ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 3:57 PM ยท edited Tue, 29 October 2019 at 3:59 PM

Well that is all ok there we go we have the Update notes from September 19, 2019 10:05 am and one posted at 3:02AM Sun, 06 October 2019 ยท edited on 3:23AM Sun, 06 October 2019 .... meanwhile there were about 3 new releases.

I believe that willdial asked clearly about "" What changes have been added in the next releases """ the question is understandable. I get for even little free Programs update notes , even for a free Pyton script ... but in this new Poser Project all seems to go into a strange direction with totally new marketing rules. It is as if you were having a conversation with a Borderliner . and there is no negative intentions about getting some information that would give sense.

movida ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 7:53 PM

Asking for release notes is the equivalent of expecting your shoes to come with soles,

structure ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2019 at 8:09 AM
Forum Coordinator

the release notes were given @4368625 and @4368602. There are only minor changes now, mostly bugfixes, if your poser is running fine, keep your current installation.

Locked Out

Forum Coordinator

Locked Out

Forum Coordinator

Locked Out

willdial ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2019 at 8:41 AM

The press release was nice. I hoped for release notes like the type Smith Micro produced. There was a bullet point for every item changed.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2019 at 3:22 PM ยท edited Wed, 30 October 2019 at 3:23 PM

A plea for PEACE!

Give Bondware time to get things really organised.

I really am getting tired of all this twining; we know that Bondware are working hard; (the latest update is 307).

Ok. I am awaiting the next update, with or without notes. Until then, please give it a rest.

I am a patient soul; but rather irritated by all these negative posts.

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2019 at 6:00 PM

"Oh, for the luv of ...ducks!"

oh!! i love ducks! esp. with a little bit of orange sauce... nomnomnom...

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2019 at 7:10 PM
Online Now!

Duck in any form is good. Duck confit, duck liver, roast duck, duck soup...

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2019 at 11:17 PM

Dabbling Ducks

DabblingDucks.jpg

an0malaus ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2019 at 12:46 AM

The effectively camouflaged submarine raises its periscope, with none the wiser. "Nothing to see but us ducks. Quack!" Great image, Glitterati3D ๐Ÿ˜

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2019 at 6:46 AM

an0malaus posted at 7:45AM Thu, 31 October 2019 - #4368756

The effectively camouflaged submarine raises its periscope, with none the wiser. "Nothing to see but us ducks. Quack!" Great image, Glitterati3D ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks, an0malaus! Dabbling Ducks courtesy of the great Poser Birdman - Ken Gilliland of Songbird Remix fame.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.