Sat, Sep 14, 5:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:46 pm)

Subject: Ou est L'Homme?

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 15 November 2019 at 4:49 PM · edited Fri, 13 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

C'mon, Rosity, we're ODing around here on Interchangeable Sexy Girl stuff. Even one vendor who usually makes things for the guys is looking more and more at laces as textures!! Where's a little testosterone? Where's L'Homme?????

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 15 November 2019 at 7:47 PM

I think Jose Silva's Simple Male does a fine job. Just added a little LF Body Builder morph to the mix.

SimpleMale.jpg

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 15 November 2019 at 8:07 PM

Nope. You dont get off that easy. JE VEUX L'HOMME.

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 15 November 2019 at 10:01 PM

Patience Sean, soon.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 3:20 AM

Just saw a banner ad for L'Homme, "Coming Soon". Hmm, is that DAZ Soon or Renderosity Soon? 😀

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 8:56 AM

EClark1894 posted at 8:55AM Sat, 16 November 2019 - #4370332

Just saw a banner ad for L'Homme, "Coming Soon". Hmm, is that DAZ Soon or Renderosity Soon? 😀

LOL. That was my first thought.

And wow, there's a ton of new Poser stuff in the RMP all of a sudden. What's going on?

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 12:00 PM

We're throwing the Poser parade everyone has been waiting on. 😄 Male is on the way! Then another BIG release of content coming! 😄

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 12:01 PM

Yay!

But oh, my poor credit card...

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 12:13 PM

BUT...think of the happy runtime and hours of fun! I am loving it!!!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 12:16 PM

BTW, Jenn, does or will Renderosity have a Poser Art Gallery?

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 12:32 PM

We have a Poser gallery...with lots of different specific genres as well.

Poser Gallery

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 1:08 PM

jennblake posted at 7:08PM Sat, 16 November 2019 - #4370359

We're throwing the Poser parade everyone has been waiting on. 😄 Male is on the way! Then another BIG release of content coming! 😄

This is fab news :)

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 1:29 PM

😄👍

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 1:34 PM
Online Now!

The Poser gallery has been there for years...

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 3:07 PM

Rhia474 posted at 4:07PM Sat, 16 November 2019 - #4370386

The Poser gallery has been there for years...

So have I. Never heard about it or saw it.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 4:15 PM

jennblake posted at 2:13PM Sat, 16 November 2019 - #4370359

'Bout darn time! But thanks! ?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 4:39 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 5:37PM Sat, 16 November 2019 - #4370318

I think Jose Silva's Simple Male does a fine job. Just added a little LF Body Builder morph to the mix.

SimpleMale.jpg

Nice, but those boots are bothering me. I just think the toes need to be planted firmly on the ground, and those aren't.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 4:39 PM

SimpleMale.jpg

Nice, but those boots are bothering me. I just think the toes need to be planted firmly on the ground, and those aren't.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 6:21 PM

Those anime morphs that have appeared in the store today look great. Just waiting to see if any other goodies appear before I pull the trigger.

La Femme needs some anime-style hair. Native Poser. Most of the anime hair out there is for DS.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 6:26 PM
Forum Moderator

WOOT! WOOT! I hope they come before Thanksgiving, so that we all can be thankful for the bounty we are about to receive ;) I hope there will be freebies!

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2019 at 12:47 AM

As for the Poser Gallery, we have a weekly staff picks that is announced at the top of this forum every Monday or Tuesday.

Boni

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2019 at 1:27 AM
Online Now!

EClark1894 posted at 2:23AM Sun, 17 November 2019 - #4370403

SimpleMale.jpg

If you look at photos of various types of shoes and boots, you'll see that most of them have the toe curved upwards. It makes for easier walking, less tripping.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2019 at 3:16 AM

Boni posted at 4:15AM Sun, 17 November 2019 - #4370425

As for the Poser Gallery, we have a weekly staff picks that is announced at the top of this forum every Monday or Tuesday.

I thought they were being picked from the artist's private gallery page. That's why I never put it together.

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2019 at 7:50 AM

All the picks are from the Poser Gallery. (there is also one for the DAZ gallery). It's one of my tasks I enjoy the most. Working with the staff to pick images is a lot of fun.

Boni

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2019 at 9:48 AM

jennblake posted at 10:47AM Sun, 17 November 2019 - #4370359

YAY!!! You just made my day Jenn. 😁

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2019 at 9:51 AM

AmbientShade posted at 10:48AM Sun, 17 November 2019 - #4370427

EClark1894 posted at 2:23AM Sun, 17 November 2019 - #4370403

If you look at photos of various types of shoes and boots, you'll see that most of them have the toe curved upwards. It makes for easier walking, less tripping.

The only ones I've ever seen them on "in person", were western/cowboy boots, and I don't find them comfortable at all. Luckily, none of my mine, which I don't wear all that often anymore, have those upturned toes.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2019 at 11:38 AM

Boni posted at 12:37PM Sun, 17 November 2019 - #4370436

All the picks are from the Poser Gallery. (there is also one for the DAZ gallery). It's one of my tasks I enjoy the most. Working with the staff to pick images is a lot of fun.

Well, now I know and knowing is half the battle! G.I. Joe!!! Go Joe!!! 😆

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2019 at 3:43 AM

Not even a preview at this point?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2019 at 12:28 PM

As everyone eagerly awaits L'Homme's appearance, has anyone noticed that Miki 4 has become a standard figure in Poser for free? Let's see if Tyler makes it into the bundle.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2019 at 2:36 PM

hborre posted at 3:35PM Thu, 21 November 2019 - #4370885

As everyone eagerly awaits L'Homme's appearance, has anyone noticed that Miki 4 has become a standard figure in Poser for free? Let's see if Tyler makes it into the bundle.

Where did you see that?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2019 at 2:40 PM

Right in my runtime, Poser 11 content, latest version. Was surprised also, I have her in a separate runtime set up years ago when she first came out.

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2019 at 5:31 AM

This is getting frustrating. My Poser works fine. Update went as smoothly as anyone could wish. Never stopped working at any time. Never lost my libraries or preferences. I'm on 11.2.289. Not once has Poser suggested there was an update available and it is set to check upon startup for new versions. There is never anything new and I click the check for updates manually every session as well and yet I see people using different versions and now I hear there has been content updated as well. How are we supposed to know this stuff? Download a few gigs of data every couple of days and take a wild stab in the dark that there has been a change and that it is pertinent to me? Not everyone who uses this software has unlimited data plans from their provider and all the time in the world to take wild stabs in the dark as to the functionality and/or content changes. Can we stop with the wish lists till we get everyone on the same page with what we actually have now? Like hborre I bought Miki and Tyler when they came out. Missed the free release. I also bought the Hivewire3D content bundled with this release when it first came out. Now all of that has to be downloaded yet again to see about a re-release of Miki? Wish for all the new stuff you want. I wish I knew what was actually happening with the stuff I already own.

movida ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2019 at 7:21 AM

parkdalegardener posted at 7:19AM Fri, 22 November 2019 - #4370949

This is getting frustrating. ... Wish for all the new stuff you want. I wish I knew what was actually happening with the stuff I already own.

Agreed hence the previous requests for release notes and current skepticism as to Bondware's keeping the "phone home" aspect of Poser in place - ostensibly to facilitate communication with customers ...

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2019 at 7:23 AM · edited Fri, 22 November 2019 at 7:27 AM

Wow, they give away previously paid content for free and all some can do is complain?

Seriously?

To the Bondware/Renderosity powers that be, thank you for taking the time to get this content into more hands. Yeah, I bought my copies of these figures, but I'm happy to see them available for more users.

Oh, and new Miki4 users - Miki3 stuff works on Miki4 too. Morphs, hair, characters.

Miki4.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2019 at 9:16 AM

In a way, I'm quite relieved that those models haven't been forgotten. I'm hoping that there is a content resurrection that will bring them back to good use.

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2019 at 6:45 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 6:22PM Fri, 22 November 2019 - #4370952

Wow, they give away previously paid content for free and all some can do is complain?

Seriously?

To the Bondware/Renderosity powers that be, thank you for taking the time to get this content into more hands. Yeah, I bought my copies of these figures, but I'm happy to see them available for more users.

Oh, and new Miki4 users - Miki3 stuff works on Miki4 too. Morphs, hair, characters.

Miki4.jpg

If this is in reference to me Traci I take issue. I am not complaining about paid content being offered for free. I stated that the install from 11.1 to 11.2 went absolutely fine without issue. I have never had an issue with the update, nor have I complained about the paid for content that was made available at the time I updated my Poser so as to keep it from dying the horrible death. What I stated is that despite having notices of updates turned on I have yet to receive one and I use the Poser daily. There was, to the best of my knowledge; no info relayed to the customers that there had been a content update after the initial release and in fact there is nothing to suggest such has happened if you look at the Poser software download page. I expressed surprise at the revelation that there had been an update to that content in the first place. Nothing more. If you are referring to my statement that I have yet to recieve notification of updates to Poser itself and never do, even when clicking on Check for Updates; that is something above your pay grade. Just because I haven't bought any of your content lately does not mean I do not buy content for Poser. The tone you put forth in the forums has not endeared you to many possible customers.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2019 at 1:15 PM

Yes, yes, folks, Miki et al are quite pretty.

OU EST L'HOMME?????

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2019 at 10:03 PM

SeanMartin posted at 8:56PM Sat, 23 November 2019 - #4371082

OU EST L'HOMME?????

'Rosity is following the DAZ model for male releases - good news is that they haven't told us that it will be out "soon". If you are holding out hope for a supported Male figure, I'd suggest looking at L'Femme's content support, as well as the support male figures get at both 'Rosity & that other place.

Hopefully we'll get a Texture Transformer module, and a Hair Control System module for L'Homme.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2019 at 11:47 PM

ssgbryan posted at 12:32AM Sun, 24 November 2019 - #4371124

SeanMartin posted at 8:56PM Sat, 23 November 2019 - #4371082

OU EST L'HOMME?????

'Rosity is following the DAZ model for male releases - good news is that they haven't told us that it will be out "soon". If you are holding out hope for a supported Male figure, I'd suggest looking at L'Femme's content support, as well as the support male figures get at both 'Rosity & that other place.

Hopefully we'll get a Texture Transformer module, and a Hair Control System module for L'Homme.

Oh, I imagine there'll be some basic support at the beginning, and then it'll fall off a cliff because, you know, we really need to talk about Miki and G8F and "why cant the DAZ women be imported into Poser".

I guess L'Homme will be out there for a while, then, like all the others, he'll just disappear. So I gather I shouldnt hold my breath waiting for his appearance, if indeed he ever does.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2019 at 8:13 PM

Which is precisely why I am hoping for a TT and an HCS module. As long as I have that and the fitting room, I should be good. Between M4, Tyler, M3, Simon, and Apollo Maximus, I do have a pretty decent selection of clothes.

The next step will be figuring out how to bring G8M clothing into Poser, and converting it for use with other Poser figures.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2019 at 8:57 PM · edited Sun, 24 November 2019 at 8:58 PM

We need to seriously get away from Genesis. And lest anyone think it's just Genesis, it's not. We need to kill off V4 as well, and move on. We have La Femme, Project E, and Dawn. Those are the main figures we need to concentrate on. Otherwise, we're just splitting the market.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2019 at 9:26 PM

Oh, I imagine there'll be some basic support at the beginning, and then it'll fall off a cliff because, you know, we really need to talk about Miki and G8F and "why cant the DAZ women be imported into Poser".

I guess L'Homme will be out there for a while, then, like all the others, he'll just disappear. So I gather I shouldnt hold my breath waiting for his appearance, if indeed he ever does.

Once he's created/released, and the vendors create the initial release, it's all up to the customers at that point.

If the customers refuse to support the figure and the vendors, then your prediction will come true.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2019 at 11:41 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 12:39AM Mon, 25 November 2019 - #4371200

Once he's created/released, and the vendors create the initial release, it's all up to the customers at that point.

If the customers refuse to support the figure and the vendors, then your prediction will come true.

History bears me out. No matter how well made the mesh, the vendors refuse to support them, because "male stuff doesnt sell!" — never thinking for a moment, that it doesnt sell because it doesnt exist, but that's another point for another time.

I'd like to think L'Homme will surprise me. But surprises in Poserdom are few and far between.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2019 at 6:01 AM · edited Mon, 25 November 2019 at 6:02 AM

SeanMartin posted at 6:59AM Mon, 25 November 2019 - #4371208

Glitterati3D posted at 12:39AM Mon, 25 November 2019 - #4371200

History bears me out. No matter how well made the mesh, the vendors refuse to support them, because "male stuff doesnt sell!" — never thinking for a moment, that it doesnt sell because it doesnt exist, but that's another point for another time.

I'd like to think L'Homme will surprise me. But surprises in Poserdom are few and far between.

My experience with Dusk doesn't bear out that myth. Dusk clothing sold, for me, at a higher ratio of 3:1 to Dawn clothing. However, I was also just about the only one creating Dusk clothing, too.

But, the bottom line is simple. If the customers aren't buying what you're selling, you simply quit selling it.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2019 at 7:06 AM
Online Now!

You can't buy what isn't there. From strictly a consumer standpoint, versatility of clothing is important. Look at La Femme and the wide array of clothes released for her--albeit lately I noticed a lot more skimpywear for her too. Male figures will always sell less then females because unfortunately there are a lot of those who still only do a certain type of renders. But it's a two-way street because Poser vendors have to eat too. So the more customers/buyers speak up both here and with their marketplace purchases so it shows up on statistics the marketplace pulls, the better the chance for versatile male clothing appearing for a new figure (or any figure in general).

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2019 at 7:46 AM

Rhia474 posted at 8:42AM Mon, 25 November 2019 - #4371225

You can't buy what isn't there. From strictly a consumer standpoint, versatility of clothing is important. Look at La Femme and the wide array of clothes released for her--albeit lately I noticed a lot more skimpywear for her too. Male figures will always sell less then females because unfortunately there are a lot of those who still only do a certain type of renders. But it's a two-way street because Poser vendors have to eat too. So the more customers/buyers speak up both here and with their marketplace purchases so it shows up on statistics the marketplace pulls, the better the chance for versatile male clothing appearing for a new figure (or any figure in general).

All true, but versatility takes a little imagination on the part of the customer, too. I see you using pieces unconventionally, but not a lot of others. Jose Silva's Simple Male got little support, but even La Femme's clothing looks decent on him with a little effort.

La Femme's Casual Friday on 3Dream's simple male.

!LHommeCasualFriday.jpg

And, I have 3 pieces on my hard drive right now catering to the versatility of Simple Male, but real life is kinda crazy at the moment and they won't be out any time soon. My daughter just had a baby and the holidays are right around the corner (I have 20+ coming for dinner this week), so it will be a while.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2019 at 8:03 AM
Online Now!

Ah, making gravy for 30 is always fun. narrator voice: 'No, it isn't.

I think when you say 'effort', you hit the nail on the head. No one's saying you need to go through using 3 different types of software to make something work in Poser (well, some do, but this s a hobby, not something I am losing sleep over) so solving fitting issues within Poser is the key, I think. There are native soilutions, but they could use improvements and well-written instructions both--and promotion (not going to rant again, but people are just as afraid of the Fitting Room then the Cloth Room, and part of then is unfortunately, the lack of decent instructions people are aware of).

I completely forgot about Simple Male, good call. That looks lovely--my tastes run to a bit more rugged, but it's nice!

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2019 at 8:38 AM

Rhia474 posted at 9:36AM Mon, 25 November 2019 - #4371227

Ah, making gravy for 30 is always fun. narrator voice: 'No, it isn't.

I think when you say 'effort', you hit the nail on the head. No one's saying you need to go through using 3 different types of software to make something work in Poser (well, some do, but this s a hobby, not something I am losing sleep over) so solving fitting issues within Poser is the key, I think. There are native soilutions, but they could use improvements and well-written instructions both--and promotion (not going to rant again, but people are just as afraid of the Fitting Room then the Cloth Room, and part of then is unfortunately, the lack of decent instructions people are aware of).

I completely forgot about Simple Male, good call. That looks lovely--my tastes run to a bit more rugged, but it's nice!

Yeah, that's another thing on my To Do list. I want to do a freebie tutorial on using Copy Morphs From and the morph brush for all these new users who are trying to learn PP11.2 I didn't use anything but the morph brush on the Simple Male image above.

I just have more things on the To Do list than time available right now.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2019 at 8:43 AM
Online Now!

The morph brush is one of those things I was thrilled to see improved from 2014 to 11. It is so invaluable when you have custom morphs, it's not even funny. Thank you for even putting this on your To-Do list, I imagine it must be humongous.

MKDAWUSS ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2019 at 3:04 PM

I'm still on the fence regarding both L'Homme and La Femme.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2019 at 3:57 PM

On the fence about what?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.