Fri, Oct 4, 5:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 11:28 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Well that was a waste of money

Grum ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2019 at 3:12 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:32 PM

Just bought this: Goodnight Moon- Mini-PJ Thought it was the actual clothes because it didn't say anywhere it was just textures! Teach me not to trust a Product on face value, and to read the small print!!!!!

jennblake ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2019 at 3:32 PM

The product page makes it pretty clear this is an add-on.

Software: Daz Studio 4.10 + (required for dForce)

File Types: (not specified)

Base Figures: Genesis 8 Female

Required Products: dForce Mini PJs for Genesis 8 Females

Departments: 3D Figure Assets • AddOns • Clothing

Description Editorial Promo Credits Gallery More Items Free Stuff Reviews (0) Goodnight Moon

8 sets for the Top 8 sets for the Panty

for dforce Mini PJs by Lilflame Iray Presets only

Grum ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2019 at 5:26 PM

Yeah, but it was in the small print! My Bad. Lesson learnt.

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2019 at 5:45 PM

Grum posted at 5:39PM Fri, 22 November 2019 - #4371011

Yeah, but it was in the small print! My Bad. Lesson learnt.

I'm curious as to what equates as "small print"? We [vendors] can't make the description text any larger and this set did state what it was for in the description.

We also have no control over the text size for the information section under the promo where it states what's required and what department.

In this case that vendor even put it on the main promo image. which many of us don't.

I just want to understand how to deal with the "it's in small print" issue.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Grum ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2019 at 1:41 AM

I was going to let it go but seeing as you want to continue with the conversation. If you mean the small writing, at the very top of the picture, barely on the page, well I don't think that would be described as a Clear Description. Secondly, I don't think the term "Presets" describes what is, in fact, a set of "Textures". Why not describe the product as "Textures"? The "Top & Bottom" constitute a "Set". This was advertising *8 Sets". Not colours or patterns! I'll leave it there. If you feel the Picture adequately describes the Product, then fine.

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2019 at 1:56 AM

It wasn’t that so much as trying to understand how best to describe expansions. I’ve had a couple of buyers recently not notice when something is an expansion vs a base set, so I was curious as to how best to try to avoid that confusion in the future.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Grum ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2019 at 5:57 AM

3-DArena. Fare enough. Next time just call them "Extra Textures" Cheers Gray

CybersoxXIII ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 2:37 AM

Honestly, this is Renderosity's fault for not having and enforcing a clearly separate category for "texture only" products. It's always seemed that the way that it's SUPPOSED to work is that, if the word "clothing" appears under the words 3D Figure assets in the product tree, then it's textures, while if the word Clothing appears outside of that tree then it's geometry... but it's pretty obvious that no one has ever clearly explained that to the vendors. Which means that when you do a search for the actual clothing or hair prop, you get buried under a mountain of search results for texture sets instead. Realistically, the clearest way to distinguish texture only products would be to list them under the Add-ons category rather than clothing, or to create a new product category... but then someone would have to go back and make sure that all of those pages in the catalog were changed, which I don't see happening given how understaffed Rendo usually seems to be.

jennblake ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 8:52 AM

Let's be clear. This item is under

Goodnight Moon- Mini-PJ by LUNA3D () 3D Figure Assets • AddOns • Clothing

clearly states ADDONS and the Required products is an active link to the required base item. The description says FOR LILFLAME product...the description also says this item is textures FOR this item.

@GRUM and then you post yet again today about this STILL being advertised wrong. it is NOT wrong it is completely correct. You need to read what is on the page.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.