Sat, Sep 14, 11:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 12 1:46 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Male figure with suit and tie

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2019 at 8:47 AM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

Hello, I'm trying to put together a "newscaster" figure - man with suit and tie and a female to sit with him in a business suit and found the Business Suit for Tyler but have the following questions:

1. Would this suit ONLY work with Tyler? I'm relatively new to Poser (I use Poser 11.2) -- when one buy clothing which is specifically called out as being for a particular figure does that mean that it would only work with that figure? It seems like it would but I want to ask just in case there's a catch.

2. I have all the figure that come with Poser 11.2. You would think that there would be a suit available for one of them :) How would I investigate that?

3. Finally, if I have to buy Tyler how would I do that? I put "Tyler" in the Search field but all I got was clothes and accessories. Where is the actual figure?

Thank you.

HartyBart ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2019 at 10:32 AM · edited Sat, 30 November 2019 at 10:33 AM

"Tyler by Blackhearted is a custom morph character for Ryan 2, one of the included characters in Poser 9 and Pro 2012".

But I'm not sure he ever shipped with later version of Poser or not? Assuming you've installed all the free and legacy content with Poser 11.2, check your runtime to see if you have him.

If you don't, then the base "Tyler GND" is currently on sale at Renderosity for $12.

Bear in mind that most suits and jackets of that age (he's an old obsolete figure) have problems with "puffiness" at the shoulders. I seem to recall that old-school Poser experts can use 'magnets' to help reduce this effect. But for 2D stills it may be easier just to shape them with a few clicks of the Liquify brush in Photoshop.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2019 at 10:35 AM · edited Sat, 30 November 2019 at 10:38 AM

Conforming clothing will only fit the model that it was created for. If the clothing is dynamic, meaning that it requires the Cloth Room to fit the model, then it could be possible to fit Tyler from another model with some adjustments. This may be beyond your ability ATM. Tyler is based on the Ryan Model, they share the same mesh. However, Tyler was released by Content Paradise, a subsidiary of Smith Micro, and the site is no longer available. There could be a chance that Tyler may become an additional standard in Poser as Miki 4 which is a female model released around the same time as Tyler, and she is a standard in Poser now. Presently, he is unavailable for purchase.

Edit: I didn't notice that he was available for purchase here at Renderosity. Good to know.

HartyBart ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2019 at 11:05 AM

I can no longer edit (damn stupid Forum software). Above, "If you don't" should read "If you do".

HartyBart ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2019 at 11:26 AM

I just checked in the Crossdresser updater software. Ryan and Ryan 2 are both in the software's conversion list. So theoretically the suit could be converted for other characters such as M4.

If you persevere with finding Ryan 2 then you would at least have a unique newscaster. Since Ryan 2 + Ryan GDN + the suit would be a "look" that few could copy these days (he's an antique by Poser standards). He looks a little vulpine and cold for a newsreader, though, and I doubt he'd get past the HR Dept. at a mainstream broadcaster these days.

Looking for "business suit" and "office suit" in the Marketplace shows a distinct gap in the market. My runtime shows the same. I'm surprised that more good ones haven't been made. Still, my thanks - as my search helped me discover that I already have the M3 Mod suit, which I thought I was going to have to buy at some point!

HartyBart ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2019 at 3:24 PM · edited Sat, 30 November 2019 at 3:25 PM

Ah, I see that the "M3 60's Suit" shows up in my runtime as "M3 Mods suit". That's why I couldn't find it before now.

The description at DAZ also doesn't use the right name for morphs pack...

"Michael 3.0 Body Morph Pak [aka "Head and Body Morphs"] is required for this set. !M3 Full-Body INJ Emaciated.pz2 must be applied and set to 1 for the proper fit."

Here's a quick indicative look at it in an approximate newsreader pose, as a possible alternative for you. You can see the chalk-stripes don't line up at the shoulder seams. And that the jacket has the usual "puffiness" at the shoulders in this type of pose.

indic.jpg

It requires M3 + the M3 Head and Body Morphs (no longer sold).

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2019 at 6:14 PM

I believe that James comes with a suit and is free in the legacy content for Poser, saving you a lot of time and effort.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2019 at 3:39 PM

Thank you @Boni, that's perfect. Is there a female equivalent for that. A woman with a pant suit?

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2019 at 3:55 PM

Thank you, @HartyBart. That's very helpful. I see the puffiness in the jacket. Thanks for pointing that out.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2019 at 4:30 PM

James' counterpart, Jessi has a business suit as well. It is a dress rather than pants ... but I think you could use the casual pants with the sweater if you prefer.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.