Wed, Oct 2, 10:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: And naturally the Rendergarden is outdated

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2019 at 2:03 PM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

Just tried to install the Vue 15 cows in my rendergarden, and got the AVX error. Seems my hardware is too old for the current cows. ๐Ÿ˜

Oh well, that just gives me an excuse to rebuild the thing, hee hee.

I was wondering if there had been any successes and price reductions vis a vis the Linux Cows. If they are viable, I would really like to move my rendergarden off Windows and onto Linux. 7 nodes gets expensive when dealing with M$. Hardware wise, each node will only run about $360, and that would be a Ryzen 3 quad core, 16 gigs of Corsair DDR4 ram, a 400 watt EVGA power supply and 500 gigs of WD M.2 ssd on an Asrock X370 motherboard. Of course the video will be like a $15 budget card, but for a rendernode, bare bones is best (and with that particular mobo, I can upgrade to Ryzen 7 as prices fall). I just really don't want to deal with Win10 unless I have to.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.