Wed, Sep 18, 2:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Strands based hair in VWD

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 9:37 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 1:13 PM

Hello,

As I said a few times before, I work on a strand hair generation in the program.

I posted some videos on YouTube showing the results. I certainly will do other videos where I will try to do complex simulations using this method.

I just posted a new video showing how these strands hair are generated in the program using a classic meshed hair. In my first tests, many hair seem to work perfectly with this method. I will be necessary to test it again and again, to be sure of the result.

With Dan, we will think on how to distribute this function.

Please, give me your opinion on this method.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

mndsng ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 4:52 AM

This new utility looks to be amazing.

It actually rebuilds older hairs 'better' for today's DS usage - creating a new obj mesh that simulates in VWD better than the original. And even if it only works in DS, the generated OBJ can probably be loaded into Poser and used there as well. (Use DS as a hair converter for Poser - heck it's free...)

If you folks haven't seen the demo video or tutorial to see what it actually does, it might be worth a look before the current clearance sale is over, as I think this is going to bring a number libraries of 'old' hair products back to life, and I bet one material set/style to map to any/all of the generated hair strands - just a guess, based on the video. Even if you run the tutorial video fast-forward to get a sense of what it does, for many folks I think it's worth the look.

This leaves us asking how/when we get to enjoy this new feature?

--ms

VWD3D ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 5:43 AM

It is a pretty exciting fearure. We're checking to see how well the technique works with our varied hair product libraries (older Poser/DAZ meshes, etc.), and we'll write it up, package it, and release it as soon as it's ready.

As we've mentioned here and there, the major VWD version releases will be sold here at Renderosity, but the smaller feature updates will only be available to Patreon sponsors who help keep it all going until those major release come out - an early-access for supporters model. We have posted the tiers and reward models on our Patreon site (see the link on my sig), and will broadcast the tutorial, content, and feature releases on our other thread in these forums that will track the Patreon status. Making no promises, we figure we'll be putting major releases out each year now, and features and tutorials much more frequently - a couple of rewards per month, of one kind of another.

Keep a eye out for our announcements as we get closer to having something real that you folks can get your hands on. It's pretty neat stuff.

cheers,

VWD3D (dan)

--
Resources: https://www.virtualworlddynamics.net - https://www.patreon.com/VWD
Rendo PM: VWD3D or VirtualWorldDynamics or support@virtualworlddynamics.net
Current VWD Version:   Release: V2.2.924.6464 - 2019/12/12, 9:46am
Qualifier: Yes, I'm helping Gérald with VWD, Nooo, I'm not yet an expert on its use!

bwldrd ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 8:01 PM

Took a look at the video and I have to agree, that is awesome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2020 at 3:33 PM

@bwldrd: Yes, I think this can be a very powerful function. During my tests, I found some hair that didn't can be converted correctly. Some hair will need some modifications.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.