Thu, Sep 19, 6:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 2:37 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: How to move the lights into a room

maur_2005 ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 7:28 PM · edited Fri, 23 August 2024 at 1:42 PM

I have an almost empty scene in poser and the lights are setting well, but when I add a building the walls interfere with the light, so the question is: how can I move the lights into the room to illuminate the objects inside the room?

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 11:10 AM

The correct answer is "it depends."

First, what version of Poser?

Second, Firefly or Superfly render setup?

Third, are you using the Construct in Poser 11.

Does your "building" include a ceiling/roof? Are they separate materials or geometry so you can easily "turn them off?"

If you are using Superfly, I would suggest you add your building and then use Ghostship's Studio light set inside the building to get good lighting indoors.

Here's a link to those free lights: https://sharecg.com/v/86639/browse/11/Poser/Studio-Portrait-Lights-for-Poser-11-Poser-11-Pro

maur_2005 ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 12:22 PM

Thanks, I'm using Poser 11 Firefly and I need to put the ligths inside the Building. I tried to hide the ceiling, but now the walls are the main problem.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 5:52 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

What kind of lights are you using?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

maur_2005 ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:05 PM

RedPhantom posted at 3:05PM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4381612

What kind of lights are you using?

one IBL light, one spot light and two infinite

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:18 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

The ibl light and the infinite lights can't be moved in such a way. They only rotate around the scene, but always shine from the outside in. (like the sun) The spotlight can be moved along the various axises as well as rotated. The point lights and area lights can too. Use the transform dials or drag those around. You might need to switch cameras so you can see the placement better.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2020 at 11:14 PM

Your best bet is to use the point light which can be visibly seen on your stage as a circle within a circle when scaled up as illustrated below. Scaling up just makes it easier to see and after you are done positioning the light, you can scale it back down to 100%.

image.png

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.