Thu, Oct 3, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Vendors dissappearing from Rendo

CassandraNorth ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 1:21 PM ยท edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 10:36 AM
Online Now!

It seems like some vendors recently have disappeared from Rendo. I noticed when looking for a specific item on my wishlist. I don't know where they have gone, but this really worries me. If Poser is going to survive - and thrive - and not being drowned completely by Daz, we need all the good vendors we can find! Several of my favourite vendors are already ONLY making stuff for Daz (and I will rather be caught dead than switch to Daz), so they are kind of "gone" too.

If all the quality vendors leave (or make Daz stuff only), it will be the end of my shopping will and i doubt I am the only one. I don't mind paying full price for something but then I expect quality.

Isn't there something that can be done? I would hate to see Poser die due to lack of vendors/content.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 1:36 PM
Forum Moderator

This is my fear also. I really want to see Poser thrive and become more competitive with DS, but if vendors are going to up and leave, that is very bad news for our beloved program. Renderosity needs to work to retain them with incentives and so on.

jennblake ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:41 PM

Hey. ๐Ÿ˜„

Vendors are not leaving. We had 1 leave. I didn't like it either...but it happened.

We are actually seeing a lot of NEW vendors for Poser content. Watch the store over the next few weeks. We have been doing a lot of recruiting and work behind the scenes. The latest release by The_Row_House is for Poser. ๐Ÿ˜„ and there are at least 4 others I am currently working with who will either start providing Poser content for the very first time in their careers, or are returning to Poser. If you would like a hint....I can tell you Hameleon is working on a Poser product, 2 actually, and DreamlandModels is working on a few new Poser items as well as others that I won't "let out of the bag" just yet. And we have some BIG news regarding L'Homme that all of you will be hearing about and seeing very soon!

Poser is here to stay, and we just need to encourage vendors to create new content for Poser. Part of that is with your purchase votes. Every time you see a new product come out, there is one sure way to encourage vendors to make MORE content. Buy the one just released. ๐Ÿ˜„

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:49 PM

jennblake posted at 5:47PM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4381845

We are actually seeing a lot of NEW vendors for Poser content. Watch the store over the next few weeks. We have been doing a lot of recruiting and work behind the scenes. The latest release by The_Row_House is for Poser. ๐Ÿ˜„ and there are at least 4 others I am currently working with who will either start providing Poser content for the very first time in their careers, or are returning to Poser. If you would like a hint....I can tell you Hameleon is working on a Poser product, 2 actually, and DreamlandModels is working on a few new Poser items as well as others that I won't "let out of the bag" just yet. And we have some BIG news regarding L'Homme that all of you will be hearing about and seeing very soon!

Poser is here to stay, and we just need to encourage vendors to create new content for Poser. Part of that is with your purchase votes. Every time you see a new product come out, there is one sure way to encourage vendors to make MORE content. Buy the one just released. ๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks Jenn, this is very encouraging news! ๐Ÿ˜‰

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 7:34 PM
Forum Moderator

Jenn, thank you so much for the encouraging comment--I feel MUCH better about our beloved program, and am eagerly anticipating the new products that are debuting soon. I'm especially excited to hear that DreamlandModels is releasing some new Poser products. I did buy The_Row_House's Zelda La Freak FreakShow Top Hat and will be buying the related product later this week. The Top Hat is a marvelously imaginative product and I'm in love with it already!

jennblake posted at 7:29PM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4381845

Hey. 😄

Vendors are not leaving. We had 1 leave. I didn't like it either...but it happened.

We are actually seeing a lot of NEW vendors for Poser content. Watch the store over the next few weeks. We have been doing a lot of recruiting and work behind the scenes. The latest release by The_Row_House is for Poser. 😄 and there are at least 4 others I am currently working with who will either start providing Poser content for the very first time in their careers, or are returning to Poser. If you would like a hint....I can tell you Hameleon is working on a Poser product, 2 actually, and DreamlandModels is working on a few new Poser items as well as others that I won't "let out of the bag" just yet. And we have some BIG news regarding L'Homme that all of you will be hearing about and seeing very soon!

Poser is here to stay, and we just need to encourage vendors to create new content for Poser. Part of that is with your purchase votes. Every time you see a new product come out, there is one sure way to encourage vendors to make MORE content. Buy the one just released. 😄

CassandraNorth ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 10:35 PM ยท edited Tue, 25 February 2020 at 10:36 PM
Online Now!

Thank you, Jenn! That is exciting news indeed. As a die-hard Poser user, I would rather stop creating than being forced to switch to Daz. I want Poser to live - and thrive! You are very right - if we don't buy the stuff, the vendors won't create new stuff. I have at least 2 vendors on my "I just have to have it" list. I did have a third but today the vendor is mainly creating stuff for Daz, and that is a no for me. Again, thank you for letting us know!

jennblake posted at 5:19AM Wed, 26 February 2020 - #4381845

Hey. ๐Ÿ˜„

goldie ( ) posted Sun, 08 March 2020 at 12:45 PM ยท edited Sun, 08 March 2020 at 12:47 PM

One has ask, why buy Poser when DS is free? If I were someone thinking about getting into 3D work, I certainly would opt for DS. And it seems this is exactly what folks are doing--and of course there are those individuals who have left Poser for DS...that is why merchants are creating content for DS rather than for Poser...Rendo's store is proof: 13 pages of new Poser content vs. 36 pages of new DS content. And, the DS content is far more appealing...So unless the next iteration of Poser is knock-your-socks-off awesome, or if not free, then next to free, I don't see things changing for Poser. I like Poser, but quite frankly the only reason I have stuck with the program is due to the truck loads of Poser content I own.

consumer573 ( ) posted Sun, 08 March 2020 at 5:10 PM

For me, Poser doesn't have to be 'Free'. They have to get rid of the kill switch. It's incredibly stupid and Renderosity doesn't need it.

goldie ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2020 at 7:19 AM ยท edited Tue, 10 March 2020 at 7:21 AM

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that there is only Poser Pro now and that the Poser Game Dev is no longer supported. Your problem is likely SmithMicro's responsibility.

consumer573 posted at 8:17AM Tue, 10 March 2020 - #4382931

For me, Poser doesn't have to be 'Free'. They have to get rid of the kill switch. It's incredibly stupid and Renderosity doesn't need it.

consumer573 ( ) posted Thu, 12 March 2020 at 1:24 PM

Smith Micro sold Poser to Renderosity. They no longer have any responsibility. Renderosity, as you indicate, does not support Game Developer. I am living under a sword of Damocles.

I own Poser 11 (think I paid $199 for it) but have never loaded it. It had problems with the library search which was not as good as my Poser Pro 2014 with Game Developer. When I found out that both game developer and P11 Pro had kill switches - after starting the program one day and seeing a Red notice that I had to get permission to keep using it or it would quit in 14 days or whatever, and then going through hoops every three months to keep it running for the next year (gradually extended to 6 months) I decided 'this is for the birds.' Some computer aided design software programs have what is essentially a rent to own. You can pay in installments until they give you the serial number and you can load it on any of your machines/devices (though typically only one or two or three at a time, max). But they don't just up and abandon it and let it die so you can never use it again.

tsarist ( ) posted Mon, 16 March 2020 at 8:36 PM

A lot of Carrara users appreciate the Poser content as well. Since Carrara doesn't support Iray, it's nice to be able to get items that don't require it.

Meshbox ( ) posted Tue, 24 March 2020 at 8:38 PM

Meshbox Design started posting products again at Rendo after they acquired Poser. We still have loads of our catalog to get up, and seven products in the queue now.

With respect to DAZ, Rendo has treated us very well as vendors. We aren't dependent on any brokerage, and that works just fine for Rendo (but not the other guys). Being able to do that has kept us in business since 2002.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.