Sun, Oct 6, 6:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Is it really worth me downloading/installing 11.3?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2020 at 4:32 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 1:03 PM

I don't have a machine that's capable of using the new render stuff, nor do I want the new library functions. Is there anything else that's new, specifically other, interesting stuff that'd make me get it? As things go at the moment, I'm reasonably happy with 11.2. "Reasonably" because it's sometimes painfully slow, which could be partly due to me geriatric machine. I have no plans, nor the money, to upgrade my computer for some time, so that's what I'm stuck with.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2020 at 4:37 PM

Nope

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2020 at 4:38 PM

By the same token, it's utterly painless to do so.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2020 at 4:40 PM ยท edited Fri, 17 April 2020 at 4:42 PM

It feels like Poser is going to become a launching pad for content from rendo, in a similar vein as DS is to Daz. That's the only thing I noticed that's different.

Pretty sure you're capable of installing your own content zips, sooo.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2020 at 4:45 PM

Ohhh, La Femme and La Homme are separate figs now.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2020 at 5:33 AM

Pretty much what I thought; thank you.

Not too bothered about the separation of LF and LH, so I'll stay with 11.2 for now.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2020 at 12:35 PM ยท edited Sat, 18 April 2020 at 12:36 PM

SamTherapy posted at 1:30PM Sat, 18 April 2020 - #4386600

Pretty much what I thought; thank you.

Not too bothered about the separation of LF and LH, so I'll stay with 11.2 for now.

I actually was going to stay with 11.2, as, like you, I couldn't use the new render stuff, and, let's face, it I have a content directory, Poser's not gonna help me find anything. But I went ahead and upgraded anyway. Why not? Besides, I'm hoping to get a new machine soon that will let me take advantage of both the rendering in Poser and the new Blender stuff. I'm still hoping for some of the Wishlist stuff to be in the new Poser 12 though. So, let them get this out of their system now, then move on to the good stuff.

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2020 at 2:55 PM

Here are the release notes for you so that you can review what has been fixed, updated or added so that you can make your own informed decision. ๐Ÿ˜„

POSER RELEASE NOTES

Poser 11.3 - Released 2020-03-19

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Added Purchases Tab to Content Library to easily download/sync content purchased in store
  • Improved Search function in Content Library to return more specific results to query terms
  • Added support for NVIDIA RTX (Turing architecture) GPU cards with SuperFly
  • Changed to detect Operating System language settings & launch Poser in same language when possible
  • Fixed various issues related to Catalina on Mac
  • Mac build process updated and modernized to support Catalina and latest XCode tools
  • Added the ability to remove missing runtimes. Missing runtimes appear grayed in the remove runtimes menu.
  • The content library now gives an icon of what materials are MT5 or MC6. (#137)
  • Versioning in Properties Details (Win) and Get Info about app (Mac) are now in sync with current build number. (#220)
  • Windows build process updated and modernized to support latest Visual Studio tools
  • Updates to Windows Component Libraries (Python 2.7.17, latest FBX and Alembix export formats)
  • LaFemme updates in preparation for release of separate L'Homme figure
  • LaFemm in correct memorized state for consistency with pose sets
  • New stand-alone L'Homme figure for improved content creation process
  • Faster loading of default scene load time by using PMD
  • Mac: EXR files now displays properly at the end, after the render completes. Some very bright pixels no longer turn black. #135
  • Now includes scale data in Expression, hand and Poses saved to the library enabling custom characters and expressions

BUG FIXES:

• Ray Trace preview now gets updated pose (#148)
  • Firefly render previews in Material Room display correctly, not washed out. (#157)
  • Mac: Pressing Fn key only on MBP laptop keyboard no longer crashes. Caps Lock on a Mac keyboard for desktop no longer crashes. (#211)
  • Import a sound file on Poser Mac OS X Catalina no longer crashes Poser. (#163)
  • Saving movie file on Catalina no longer crashes Poser (#189)
  • Mac: FFRender now gets releases after attempting to cancel Render in Background. (#196)
  • Mac: Docking a Custom Parameter then File>New clears out correctly. (#203)
  • Mac: Catalina: Custom Parameters Palette allows adding dials again. (#194)
  • Added Pauline Walk Designer figure so Walk Designer will launch without warnings.
  • Queue Manager stand alone installer is available again.
  • XMP files for saved figures now branding as Bondware (#250)
  • The Wind Force gadget no longer appears in Renders (#219)
  • Adding a circle and polyline measurement without any points no longer crashes. (#216)
  • Scroll bar remains in Local Search after toggling search from store (#193)
  • Fixed reversed normals on Alembic exports fixing compatibility with Marvelous Designer and other apps.
  • Subdivision values for Preview and Render can be set differently on the body. #261 and #228
  • Purchase sync - now determines Downloads folders on Windows even if customized. #278
  • Render in background, separate render, QM render (FFRenders) now applies Glass_Bsdf node roughness in SuperFly renders. #235
  • Export>ZBrush now writes out a file to a destination location and with the saved file name. (#179)
  • Windows: Cloth and Hair dynamic simulations remain during an unsaved session. (#270 #288)

Poser 11.2 - Released 2019-09-20

• Bridge Release to Bondware Ownership
  • Changes to SuperFly defaults & Presets to improve usability
  • Made Help/Manuals language specific
  • Added ability in to search store for products/assets in Content Library
  • Added ability to change UI Language inside the app
  • Set La Femme as Figure Default Scene
  • New License Management with 21-day free trial, offline grace period, multi-seat licenses
  • Many, many bug fixes

These can always be found and reviewed on each new release HERE

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2020 at 3:59 PM

Well since you put it that way Jenn, glad I updated lol.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2020 at 4:05 PM

Does anybody else think that the ? emoji looks sarcastic lol?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2020 at 5:51 PM

BTW, Jenn, just thought you'd like to know that I ran the Walk Designer with La Femme, and while it does work, her feet tend to pass through each other on each step. Can we fix that?

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 19 April 2020 at 10:40 AM

@EldritchCellar....no sarcasm intended at all.

@EClark1894 I will report that to Dev as an issue to fix. thank you. ๐Ÿ˜

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 19 April 2020 at 5:18 PM

I was just kidding Jenn :) (Poser suddenly stops working) ?

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 19 April 2020 at 8:29 PM

Hee hee! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.