Thu, Sep 19, 3:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Error on loading Poser 11.3.740

ATILLART ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2020 at 5:03 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 3:02 PM

Noticed an error that occurs if removing the default figure LaFemme then loading and working with Victoria 4.2 for instance. On starting Poser again at the next session, you get an error message says - Poser Error XML parsing error: 'not well-formed (invalid token)' at line 2. I have had this numerous times but only after working with other figures, if you work with LaFemme and then restart the error does not occur. Working on iMac 3.5ghz intel i5 27inch 5k Retina. poser error.png

an0malaus ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2020 at 7:32 AM

Hi ATILLART, unless it's related to library configuration files, XML files are used by Poser to store metadata for Pose and Character files in the library. If there's an error or corruption in one of those, it probably won't cause any great trouble within Poser.

I haven't seen that error myself before. I'm running macOS 10.12.6 Sierra on a 27" mid-2011 iMac 3.4GHz Intel i7, so not too dissimilar to your system, just older.

Poser can live entirely without XML files for library items. Can you identify which files you're loading from the library after deleting La Femme from the default scene and check the folders they live in for XML files. Validating an XML File can be done in Terminal on the command line.

The Finder can also preview XML files or open them with XCode, which could also validate them, if you have it installed. Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 10.31.43 pm.png

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

ATILLART ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2020 at 8:19 AM

Hi an0malaus, thank you for your answer. You are correct it does not seem to be causing any issue that I have noticed. I will delve deeper. Thanks again.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2020 at 1:03 PM

Another thing to consider is, that the file may be corrupted. You would do best the easy way to do away with the pref file and restart Poser. At least that is what I did when this happened to me.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.