Sun, Sep 15, 1:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The Break Room

Welcome to the The Break Room Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Lobo3433

The Break Room F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Laptop for Poser 11

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2020 at 11:47 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 5:28 PM

I've been using an old Gateway desktop for years to work on Poser 9. It has crashed many times, so I won't buy Poser 11 until I get a new laptop (not a desktop). That way, I can move around with it. I don't want to spend more than $1000 if possible. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2020 at 12:13 PM · edited Wed, 13 May 2020 at 12:14 PM

I got a Dell gaming laptop that works with Poser fine ... I did make the mistake of getting an AMD processor and graphics card, but the Nvidia jacked the price above $1000 and that was my budget as well. PP11 works fine on it though. Even Blender works on it. Substance Painter ... not so much. For what it's worth, there is my story.

PS: If Gateway still existed I'd get one in a heartbeat!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2020 at 12:29 PM
Site Admin

My old computer was a laptop with 8 GB of RAM and a 2.5 GHz processor and Poser ran fine on it. It cost $500 brand new (2 years ago). So get at least those specs if you want Poser to run easily.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2020 at 3:16 PM

I've had the Gateway for many years. For most of the time, it was crashing like crazy. I hated it and called it a million bad names. But...can computers repair themselves? Mine apparently did, because it has been working fine for years. Fingers crossed!

But I think it's time to replace it before it dies. And, I hate being nailed to one place. That's why I want a laptop. Thanks both of you!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.