Wed, Oct 2, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Oddity in figure creation

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2020 at 11:19 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 7:34 PM

I've noticed this before with a building, but didn't really pin it down. This time I pinned it down in the CR2. The model is a phonograph, about two feet wide. I made the figure using a PHI file as always, and didn't resize or rescale anything after making it.

Most of the X origins are 'infinite'. The only exceptions are the few joints that I visually set using the joint editor after forming the figure. Those are reasonable numbers.

The infinite X origins and X endpoints look like this:

endPoint 1e+15 0 0 origin 1e+15 0 0

They show up as 9999999999999999.... in the joint editor.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2020 at 11:30 PM

I wouldn't have been able to visually set the ones that I did set, except that I always use Python to place the joint center in the actual center of the part before hitting the joint editor. If I didn't habitually use my centerer script, I would have noticed this problem earlier because the green cross would have been totally unavailable! (1e15 poser units is about 1.5 trillion miles.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2020 at 11:47 PM

... which is 3 light years. Would take quite a few sweeps of the camera control to get there.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2020 at 2:28 AM · edited Tue, 19 May 2020 at 2:30 AM
Forum Coordinator

Yes Poser is infinite!

I also do not know how it was before, zeroes? Would be a more sensible choice for an absolute default, if only because with those settings for the centre a minute change in a rotation angle [Place display text here](Place link URL here)will move the object out of view. Note we always look at a degrees-radians conversion a limited accuracy to begin with.

Suggestion:

• allow coordinates of the origin to be given in the hierarchy input file. This ties in with scripted figure generation. ( and please make conversion call scriptable)
  • if no coordinates are given use geometric average of the facets of the geometry.
  • if no geometry given use PNU (0,0,0).

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2020 at 6:54 AM

After more experimenting: The infinites aren't there immediately when the figure is created, and they aren't there after one unchanged resave from Poser. They must have appeared after some fidding and adjusting. Now I can't make them reappear intentionally!

Must be an alien gremlin that pops in occasionally from Alpha Centauri or someplace out there.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.