Mon, Sep 9, 10:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Match Centers to Morphs not sticking

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 1:55 PM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 7:40 AM

First off Poser isn't saving morph injections and hasn't for a year at least. So I found a work around, do the dial spins and import obj into DS, export that obj and load into Poser as a full body morph. Then it saves. But now I do match center to morph but as soon as I apply another pose it has to be done again. I even tried reinstalling Poser but it's still doing it.

Please help.

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 3:15 PM

Not sure if I can help, but what version of poser is it?

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 3:25 PM

The very latest. Just downloaded and installed it.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 4:49 PM · edited Tue, 09 June 2020 at 4:54 PM

Jeez. Just looked more closely at a morph I created using 'match centers to morph'

This is what I discovered with the joint editor and by comparing the original centers on an eyeball of V4 with that of a morphed (translated) v4 eyeball (match centers)

The match centers command is pretty inaccurate for finding the new centers, you'd be better off manually adjusting the new center via the joint editor (pretty easy for eyes) and setting up a dependency via the dependency editor or something like Netherworks Spawn.

The Match centers are NOT properly copying to an Injection File export. Which is very strange because an earlier test seemed to show that it was copying.

As far as Injections saving? I just created one, saved it to the Pose library, and Injected it in a new scene with a new V4 and the shaping morphs themselves are injecting fine. These aren't dial spinner morphs but custom sculpts. You should probably just create a MOR pose for dial spinners.

Using latest build

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 4:55 PM

What's a MOR pose?

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 4:55 PM

I've sometimes had problem with morph injections not saving with DAZ figures. Just re-injecting them usually fixes it - no need to adjust the dials again.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 4:59 PM

Maybe something changed in the latest update. The copy centers seemed to work fine with INJ in previous version. Unfortunately I don't have the old INJ test file that I created in previous version to confirm. Puzzling.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 5:02 PM

Thing is it sets them right for that pose but then when I change poses it seems to reset itself.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 5:05 PM · edited Tue, 09 June 2020 at 5:06 PM

A MOR Pose simply changes the dial values to preset values of morph dials that are already injected into the figure. When you create a pose it asks if you want to copy morphs. If you have morphs dialed on a figure, clicking this will apply those values onto a figure with the same morphs present. It's a morph pose, it just changes pre existing dial values very much as a pose applies rotations of a specific value.

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 5:07 PM

Ah okay.

I was just looking at Netherworks tool. Might get it.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 5:11 PM

When you buy a character that requires, say, V4's morphs ++ or Deecey's La Femme Body Kit that means the Injection is basically a MOR Pose and not really Injecting new morph data.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 5:14 PM

Spawn works great. Much easier to use than the dependency editor in my opinion. But the dependency editor is incredibly useful, don't get me wrong. Hopefully Poser 12 doesn't break those scripts... which I have a strong feeling it will. I'll be hanging on to Poser 11 in any case.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 5:16 PM

anniemation posted at 6:15PM Tue, 09 June 2020 - #4391326

Ah okay.

I was just looking at Netherworks tool. Might get it.

Lol

Ok

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 5:35 PM · edited Tue, 09 June 2020 at 5:36 PM

BTW Anniemation, love the things you make. Very cute and funny.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 5:53 PM

Update.

So I reapplied 'match centers to morph' and it moved the center to the appropriate location for V4s translated eye, so my assessment that the match centers to morph command is inaccurate isn't predictably correct. I'm going to create another INJ and see if it copies over properly to a fresh copy of V4. This is kind of a waste of time and a bummer, I should be doing other things, but now I'm very curious.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 6:06 PM

Well. Now it works again. The copy centers injected moved the center to the proper place. And after applying a pose and then zeroing the figure the center remained in its proper location when the morph is set to 1. Good enough for me.

Back to La Femme now.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 6:19 PM · edited Tue, 09 June 2020 at 6:24 PM

anniemation posted at 7:13PM Tue, 09 June 2020 - #4391323

Thing is it sets them right for that pose but then when I change poses it seems to reset itself.

Can you explain this statement a little further. I might be able to get to the root of your problem if you explain

Are you applying copy centers to morphs/dial spinners that you purchased or morphs that are included with a figure?

Applying copy centers to poses?

anniemation ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 9:30 PM

Well I apply a pose and do the match to centers and it fixes. Then I apply a different pose, and go back to the pose I fixed them on and they are back to what they were before I did the match to center. It's like applying a pose reset it or something.

"BTW Anniemation, love the things you make. Very cute and funny."

Thank you so much!

anniemation ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 9:38 PM

I did a set of morphs by another vendor a few months ago and once I matched the centers they stayed fixed and saved that way. I'm wondering why it's not working now.

anniemation ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 11:52 PM

What I did since Poser isn't saving the exported morph, seriously nothing shows up in the library, no file is saved -- unless it's imported from Daz Studio. No idea why. So what I did was dial in some morphs, did a bit of morphing in blender then imported that to Daz Studio. Then once it's created in there, I imported to Poser as a Load Full Body Morph. That saves. No idea why Poser isn't saving my exported morphs or why it's resetting the match centers.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 9:03 PM

Hm. Are you using Genesis? Are these problems with morphs in a conformer or a "figure"? I'm still confused why you would need to match centers to morphs that you got commercially. The dependencies that link the translated centers and morphs together are already set up in the master dial of the morph supplied by the artist. Applying match centers will probably cause problems. Also I'm not sure why you would want to apply match centers to a pose, But it's unclear if you are applying to a figure or a conformer or what figure.

I haven't had any problems creating or saving injections to my library via File: Export: Morph Injection.

If it's a custom morph

I load it to the relevant body part via properties: load morph target. And dial to 1.

If it's a FBM I load all morphs to the relevant body parts via properties: load morph target , or load the whole lot via Figure: load full body morph. With the former I dial each morph in each relevant body part to 1 and Figure: Create Full Body Morph.

If it's a dial spinner character (packaged morphs) I dial the morphs to however I want the character, Figure: Zero Rotations, and go to Libraries: Pose: Folder I want to save to: click the + sign: name character: click ok: check only Morph Channels: click ok. This is just a Mor Pose, as I explained earlier. Requires those morphs to be loaded on the figure prior to applying the Mor Pose. Dials those morphs to the values that were set at the time of creating the pose. How you would have saved a dial spinner character back before Poser allowed you to create INJ internally. Haven't made one of these poses in a while so just going by memory.

If I want to save an Injection for a dial spinner or a custom morph(s) I set up my morphs how I want them, I go to File: Export: Morph Injection. Deselect all by unchecking the top box for the figure, scroll the list and check only those morphs I want to include, full body morphs will show compacted as the master dial: Navigate to the folder I want to save to (I save to a pose folder in a runtime library) and click save. This will save a .pz2 and a .pmd file to the Pose library. Make sure to keep the .pz2 and the .pmd together. I then check my injection by injecting into a fresh version of the figure in a new scene.

Not sure if any of this helps but what the hell.

anniemation ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 9:09 PM

These are morph I created for the HiveWire House Cat.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 9:20 PM

Oh. The Donald hair cats you have are hilarious. Are you using Poser subdivision at all during any of this?

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 9:25 PM

Trying to save morphs with subdivision active might cause a problem. I know that exporting Subd active obj causes problem on import to other apps. Haven't tried saving an INJ with it active.

anniemation ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 9:30 PM

I'll give that a try. Thank you.

anniemation ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 8:58 AM

I changed to Poser Traditional skinning and it works!!

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 1:28 PM

Cool.

anniemation ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 4:53 PM

I spoke too soon. Didn't work. :(

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 9:42 PM · edited Sun, 14 June 2020 at 9:45 PM

Hi

With the .obj FBM you sent me I fixed your problem. Here's the step by step. Also I'll PM you the link to the working INJ.

Load HiveWireHouseCat figure from Libraries

Figure: Zero Figure

Body Properties, set Subdivision Levels to 0

Load 30 Morph as full body morph.

Figure: Load Full Body Morph. Dial 30 Morph to 1 in Body.

Click little white arrow to left of 30 Morph and click 'Match Centers To Morph'.

In hierarchy that appears click Universe to clear out actor check boxes. Check

neck2

neck3

lower jaw

tongue

tongue2

tongue3

tongue4

tongue5

tongue6

lEar

rEar

lEye

rEye

These are all the Actors effected by Morph 30

Make sure Create Dependencies is checked

Click Ok

Centers are now matched to morph.

Tests

I checked with the joint editor that the centers moved to the new morphed position eye centers, which they did, by comparing the initial positions with morph applied (off center) with the centers after applying copy centers command. Origins/Centers moved to proper position. Success

I applied a pose from the library and then applied the supplied !Zero All Pose. The centers remained in the new Position. Success.

I then reapplied the same pose and went to Figure: Zero Figure which zeroed the rotations, transformations, and FBM on the figure. The joint centers went to their proper default positions for the unmorphed Cat. I then Dialed the FBM to 1 and the joint centers went to their proper matched positions for the Morphed Cat. Success.

I then went to File: Export: Morph Injection

I clicked HiveWireHouseCat check box to clear out hierarchy. I then checked only 30 morph in hierarchy (FBM and required dependencies are shorthanded into just the FBM name as one check box for ease of use).

I clicked OK and navigated to the HiveWireHouseCat Pose folder in Libraries, named the INJ as 30MorphINJ and saved to the library. The 30MorphINJ.pz2 and 30MorphINJ.pmd saved to the Library.

I then loaded a new Poser scene, loaded the HiveWireHouseCat, zeroed figure, turned Subdivision Levels to 0, went to libraries, refreshed my Libraries by clicking the refresh icon at the lower left of the Library pallet so that the INJ would appear where I saved it, and loaded the 30MorphINJ. The Injection pose loaded successfully when dialed to 1. And the Joint Centers copied over to their new positions. Additionally, applying and zeroing poses had no adverse effects on the new centers. Out of curiosity I checked the .pz2 in a text editor and the animateableOrigin 1(on) listings in the relevant actors are present.

If you follow these instructions you'll be able to solve the problems you've described. I'll upload the working INJ to my Google drive so you can test. PM link sent.

anniemation ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 9:56 PM

Thank you so so so much! I'll give you a copy of it all when it's done if you want.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 9:59 PM

I'd like that. It's a very nice morph.

anniemation ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 10:05 PM

Thank you!

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Mon, 15 June 2020 at 3:42 PM · edited Mon, 15 June 2020 at 3:47 PM

Hi anniemation.

Just a little note. I forgot to include the actual head actor on my list of included actors to be effected by 'copy centers', although it is included in the INJ. Just forgot to write it out in the post, as I was picking through the list. Make sure you check head along with all of the other parts I wrote out above. Pretty sure you could figure that out though, it's a very obvious choice.

Also. It might not be necessary to include the neck actors for copy centers, although they appear in the morph, I doubt any serious translations of the mesh occured in those areas that would require altering the centers to follow. I simply included them because they appeared in the morph. Only you would know if it's necessary. I think in general it would be the eyes and mouth parts that most require copy centers, and certainly the eyes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.