Sun, Sep 15, 2:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 13 6:20 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Any luck with getting props like beards conformed to a head?

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2020 at 2:33 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 6:06 AM

Doing some practice in ZBrush and Poser. Took going into DAZ Studio to get the proper fit to Dusk (eventually L'Homme) and then back to Poser to import the eyebrows I made. So I got them parented to Dusk's head, which works fine but I was HOPING that by injecting all the needed head morphs into the brows that they would follow along. That's a no go sadly.

So I've not had a try at using the fitting room. I just would like to know if anyone has any luck using the fitting room to conform things like beards or eyebrows to figures. If so can you direct me to an easy to understand tutorial to make this happen? Honestly, I'm spoiled rotten with the tools from DAZ Studio for conforming stuff so having to go a new route is a bit daunting for me.

They are by NO MEANS my finest work, it was one of my early experiments using Fiber Mesh, very early, like around when Dusk 1 was released. Might be a good "toon" brow but not realistic enough for my tastes. See the screen shot..

Thanks so much!

BBrows for Dusk.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

FVerbaas ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 1:44 AM
Forum Coordinator

Indeed parenting does not connect morph channels or rigging. Conforming does. Best use the Fitting Room to create your conformer.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 10:16 AM

Yes but is there a tutorial that is specific to doing that?

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 11:46 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

These instructions assume the beard already fits the default figure (you said Dusk).

1. Load both the beard and Dusk (or any other figure)
  2. Turn off IKs for Dusk if needed and zero the figure. If you're using L'homme, set his size morph to 0 it doesn't seem to zero with the rest
  3. Open the fitting room
  4. Start a new session using the beard as the object and Dusk (or whoever) as the goal. Uncheck zero figure (or prop) for the beard and leave it checked for Dusk
  5. click on Create figure, type a name and click ok
  6. uncheck the box for Dusk (or your figure) to clear all boxes
  7. scroll down to jaw and check that box. Everything in between will check automatically.
  8. If you grouped the beard already, leave auto group unchecked. If you didn't, check it.
  9. Select the morphs you want to transfer
  10. Click okay
  11. Go back to the pose room and click figures>copy joint zones Dusk
  12. Conform and save/use as any other figure

This method can be used for fitting anything to anyone. There are fitting tools in the fitting room, but I find it easier to pose and size the clothing close to the figure in the pose room and finalize it with the morph tool. The auto group isn't the best, but good enough for personal work, and sometimes it might work for professional quality if you're lucky.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

FVerbaas ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 12:02 PM
Forum Coordinator

RAMWolff posted at 6:59PM Wed, 10 June 2020 - #4391397

Yes but is there a tutorial that is specific to doing that?

As Redphantom said, See also Poser manual, Chapter 30.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 1:18 PM

Thanks so much. I'll use the above info to try it out.

It's too bad there are no video tutorials specific for this as I'm a visual learner.

Thanks again

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 4:46 PM

Well tried it out. Two things happened. The brows were recreated fine but they were further down the brow "bone" so I moved them up via the translation but then when I went to transfer the joint zones, crashy crash crash crash! Will save my work next time before trying that again! GRRRRRRRRR 😠

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 6:11 PM

I finally got them completed, even the zones copied over, but the brows are not behaving as they should. The brow morphs for Dusk are completely ignored while some of the face shapes work OK but ultimately for most head shapes the brows look unacceptable. Learning this is for a for sale pack I'm working on (not these brows as explained above as they are only for testing and learning)

Any suggestions as to what to try to get them working as expected?

Thanks so much, Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.